Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Paint bucket

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't a nice paint bucket option for fills be helpful? I myself find it to be a pain in the arse to trace the contour line of drafting lines that I want to set a fill to. Like MS paint has, it wouldn't have to be very complex or hard, just click the pain bucket inside a shape and BAM, it fills it in for you. What do you all think? Is there an add-on for this?
9 REPLIES 9
TomWaltz
Participant
Isn't that what the Magic Wand does?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Although it does do single fills, the problem comes when you overlap two polygons and only want to fill the middle piece. That way you could overlap many polygon shapes and only fill select pieces. With magic wand it fills each polygon solid.
TomWaltz
Participant
Demetious wrote:
Although it does do single fills, the problem comes when you overlap two polygons and only want to fill the middle piece. That way you could overlap many polygon shapes and only fill select pieces. With magic wand it fills each polygon solid.
Magic wand can fill overlapping areas of multiple polygons. Just click in the space instead of on a polygon.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
How right you are. /bows gracefully and hope no one reads this post.

Thank you.
Dwight
Newcomer
Postings like this show three things:

1: That tools exist to do amazing things in Archicad but they aren't trumpeted as such, like the magic wand makes a fill....

2: The benfits of training: having a pseudo friend to show you the ropes before you set sail.

3: It is way better when you are new to a software to post "How do I?" rather than "I wish for…." Of course, the worst posting to make when you are new is "Why doesn't this work like AutoCAD?" Close second "This lousy Archicad, I can't make it do ANYTHING!"
Dwight Atkinson
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Dwight wrote:
Postings like this show three things:

1: That tools exist to do amazing things/...........
2: The benfits of training/......
3: It is way better/.......I can't make it do ANYTHING!"
Bulls eye! Dwight
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
still...... it would be nice if the magic wand worked like this in section/elevation DIRECTLY without exploding - copy and pasting etc.
Come on - give the guy a break!!
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have to agree and I didn't take it as a personal slam against me at all.

1) Archicad is a great program and many of the simple tools have multiple ways to use them. I have always clicked on the polyline instead of inside it because I didn't even think about the magic wand for something like that. I just thought it traced the contour.

2) Training does help a lot but when my whole department is all learning a new version (10) who has time to train on every little tool.

3) I asked if there was an add-on and never bashed Archicad for not having this, just said it would be nice. Now I realize it isn't needed.

Since all of the points made are valid, I agree 100%. I'm glad I posted this here because maybe there is someone else out there with the same problem and they see paint bucket. Then they can find out without posting such a post. Isn't that what the forums are for, help?
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Demetious wrote:
I would have to agree and I didn't take it as a personal slam against me at all./.....................Since all of the points made are valid, I agree 100%. /........................ Isn't that what the forums are for, help?
Maintain the 3 P's.
Persistence, Perseverance and Patience. We might sound short at times but we are always here to assist. ':)'
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |