Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Pen Mouse with no Tablet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There,
Is anyone out there using a wireless pen mouse to operate ArchiCAD without the use of a tablet?

I am going to get one soon for other programs to input hand writing and it may prove beneficial to AC as well, if not I may get a tablet as well?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS didn't have in mind that architect will have pens and tablets so AC is not tablet ready program.

I tryed it and i can tell you it sux compering to other programs, especially MOI3d. There you can do anything with pen cos developer was thinking about that.

GS team dont have vision and they never spent their time developing little thing that matters.

If you r getting pen only for archicad then i suggest you, dont buy it !
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
I beg to differ. Have been using a Wacom pen for more than 10 years, exactly for ArchiCAD. Best thing productivity wise, right next to a 30" screen.

As for that tabletless pen, it looks a bit too clumsy. Can´t see any clear advantage over Wacom, which btw does not require any charge up or batteries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually I use a cintiq and it's very productive. For some jobs the mouse is better and for others the cintiq is better... In both case the wacom is more confortable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miguel,
What size tablet are you using, I have seen that wacom have many sizes in the Intuos 4 range. Some say they run out of tablet room too?

Jose,
What is the difference between cintiq and the intuos, from what I read the
cintiq is a more art orientated tablet pen so I guess it depends what job you are using it for?
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
GS didn't have in mind that architect will have pens and tablets so AC is not tablet ready program.

I tryed it and i can tell you it sux compering to other programs, especially MOI3d. There you can do anything with pen cos developer was thinking about that.

GS team dont have vision and they never spent their time developing little thing that matters.

The GS team do look at productivity improvements but they must have a long list and their priorities differ from our own too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mthd wrote:
Miguel,
What size tablet are you using, I have seen that wacom have many sizes in the Intuos 4 range. Some say they run out of tablet room too?
The smallest. I see no advantage of making large arm movements in working with AC, because it is not a hand drafting or painting tool. It works fine even with a 30" screen, with a 17" sidekick.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
mthd wrote:
Miguel,
The smallest. I see no advantage of making large arm movements in working with AC, because it is not a hand drafting or painting tool. It works fine even with a 30" screen, with a 17" sidekick.
Thanks Miguel, that helps to know that you dont have to buy the biggest tablet even with a big screen, I use a 24" HP for my work.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Manuel, I agree with Miguel.
If you do not need additional function keys then the smallest will do.
I use the next size up as it has 8 function keys.
Just remember to set your mapping to mouse.
I haven't used a rodent in years
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Rod,
I was considering the medium size tablet. I am also looking at the Cintiq 1200w since it has the interactive pen display (screen) and is supposed to be more precise with natural hand eye coordination. I wonder if Jose can verify that having a screen display like the Cintiq has, is better than using just the wacom with no display on the tablet?