Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Performance Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I have the problem of experiencing performance issues even though my laptop has a pretty ok configuration (8 gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M graphic card and Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.60GHz CPU).

The reason I don't necessarily suspect a hardware problem is that when the program is lagging and I open the task manager, what it shows is that Archicad isn't by far using up all the resources.

Is there an option in archicad that controls resource management which I should change, or perhaps is it the case that I could have some messed up some Windows settings that I should change?
Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
8 GB of ram is on the low side, but that might not cause problems unless you want to create photorenders.

If you have many tabs open, this could slow things down, especially when they are rebuilding in the background.

Having thousands of 2D elements can really slow things down. I once had a colleague who exploded hundreds of 3rd party documentation elements on one giant worksheet for details. That brought things to a crawl.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Maybe adding exceptions to your anti-virus program might help.
See this post ...

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67975

It may not help but others have said it can make ArchiCAD feel more responsive.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11