BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Performance slow down when using Trace & Reference Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this has been an issue, suppose-ably solved for the MAC OS, but has anyone encountered this issue with windows 10. Whenever I use the Trace and Reference tool there is a noticeable difference in AC performance particularly with panning and zooming, even in a 2d environment.

My main system specs are as follows, but it should be noted that I have 2 other machines of varying configurations that are also encountering this problem:

AC 20 4020 AUS FULL, Codemeter Dongle
PC: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 64 Bit OS, Nvidia Quadro K1200 (All current updates installed)
PC2: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, 16Gb RAM, 64 Bit OS, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

I have tried using the "fix" referred to in the Graphisoft troubleshooting, however this doesn't work
4 REPLIES 4
EricDaffron
Participant
Did you ever figure this out, Heath? Trace background is a nearly unusable feature for me now.
I was about to spring for some more powerful hardware but see that others with faster machines experience the same problem.
iMac 27 inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
macOS Mojave 10.14.4
Archicad 22
Karl Ottenstein
Here is an old article, but the advice is the same now. See if this helps at all in tracking down the slow performance. Same article, two different sections:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/performance/summary-of-typical-3d-speed-problems-2...

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/performance/summary-of-typical-3d-speed-problems-2...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Eric, No I have not had any luck and I had a poor experience with Graphisoft tech support trying to fix it, I eventually accepted this as a flaw. I had experienced this problem on 4 different machines. The Graphisoft tech support team had a look at my drawing template, I used a CPU profiler program and still none of the suggestions they gave me worked.

It doesn't matter about the complexity of the file (I have this problem with ghosting 4 walls).

They suggested that it had something with locked layers being ghosted. After I removed all the locked layers from my layer combinations this still occured.

I just tried looking at Karl's suggestion below. The option is located under model rebuild options in Archicad 20, however it didn't solve the problem for me.

I am hoping the issue is no longer an issue in ArchiCAD 21, I just haven't had the time to update and I generally prefer to wait 1 or 2 updates before doing it.

I am sorry I couldn't give you better news on this problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
**UPDATE**
I have installed the latest update 7001 AUS FULL and so far it seems to have fixed the problem.
Learn and get certified!