BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Pixelated lines and look. Archicad 19 - Nvida graphics

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've bought a brand new Asus with a Nvida GTX 960m videocard. Many programs work well but when using archicad the interface and the lines that i draw looks pixelated. The whole interface looks alot worse than what it did on my 6 year old Macbook pro.

The resolution is set to 3840x2160.

Does anybody know how i could get a better looking archicad?

/Orrepova
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
orrepova wrote:
Does anybody know how i could get a better looking archicad?

/Orrepova
ARCHICAD will always look better on Mac due to how Mac OS handles antialiasing (jagged lines).

Windows interface does not have any antialiasing options by default. There are settings in the system that you can turn on to force antialiasing in the interface, but that will slow Windows down dramatically.

Unless Microsoft does something to Windows, the best option to have nice looking ARCHICAD interface is still Mac OS.

No high-resolution screen on Windows can be even remotely compared to Mac's Retina displays because of the operating system differences.
If you load Windows on any Mac machine (Bootcamp) this all goes away and Retina displays start to look like regular hi-resolution Windows screens.

It is all in the OS.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply! Im puzzled..
This is how it looks on my screen. Surely there must be a way to improve this look?
Anonymous
Not applicable
orrepova wrote:
Surely there must be a way to improve this look?
I don't think any Windows user would find anything wrong with this picture.

You can only feel the difference in how things look moving from Mac to Windows.

To my knowledge, there is nothing you can do to make Windows look like Mac in this regard (antialiasing).

Anyone?

p.s. I live in a cross-platform environment, but any Windows user gasps when they see any application running on my MacBook Pro.
mac.jpg
If you are using Windows 10, and/or a resolution that is not the native resolution of your monitor, then you are out of luck. See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=257403&highlight=monitor#257403
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Jacques Toerien
Participant
Out of interest, have you tried to force anti-aliasing to 'on' in the nvidia control panel?
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams
mikas
Expert
I suppose your monitor is 3840x2160 natively (4K), and you have already checked the:
Working Environment - redraw options - 2D antialiasing ON.

That might, or might not, help a little.

(Screencapture in Finnish language).
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Learn and get certified!