BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Please Help ; Failure On Start Up

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running a Dell Precision M65 Laptop w/Core Duo and 1 GB of RAM. For the past 2 weeks I have tinkered with this to no avail. I have sought Removing the Embassy Trust Suit by Wave Systems, but, It wont remove; so I decided to delete the Embassy Trust Suite Folder...I know this could be a mistake but at this point I'm trying everything. That still doesn't work. I've installed, per recommendation of some, Quick Time 7.1.3 in lieu of the 7.1.5, set the Aimuni printer as default, etc. , etc. , to no avail. Is it possible this computer will simply never be able to run ArchiCad 10? I bought this machine but 4 mos ago for this very purpose and am now considering buying a different machine in order to keep up with my ArchiCad class. Please help, someone.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running a Dell Precision M65 Laptop w/Core Duo and 1 GB of RAM. For the past 2 weeks I have tinkered with this to no avail. I have sought Removing the Embassy Trust Suit by Wave Systems, but, It wont remove; so I decided to delete the Embassy Trust Suite Folder...I know this could be a mistake but at this point I'm trying everything. That still doesn't work. I've installed, per recommendation of some, Quick Time 7.1.3 in lieu of the 7.1.5, set the Aimuni printer as default, etc. , etc. , to no avail. Is it possible this computer will simply never be able to run ArchiCad 10? I bought this machine but 4 mos ago for this very purpose and am now considering buying a different machine in order to keep up with my ArchiCad class. Please help, someone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know anything about the Embassy Trust Suite, so I don't know it this could be a problem. You don't describe your problem with ArchiCAD in much detail. It simply fails to launch? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it?

If the problem is with Windows, the usual fix is to erase the drive and reinstall everything. Buying a new machine seems a bit of a radical step unless money is of little concern - though I do know how Windows machines can eat up time when they get messed up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW, please don't double post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, the characteristics of my problem are that upon clicking the icon to open/start Archicad10, the programe goes through the motions of starting, filling the screen with the window that would eventually become the Archicad10 work screen; however, before anything loads to the Archicad screen, it suddenly closes leaving no error message at all. I am baffled. I've reinstalled Archicad10 student version numerous times all to the same conclusion. I've not reinstalled windows as this is a new machine, only but 5 to 6 months old, however I am preparing to do this today sometime as one of my desperation moves.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having exactly his problem also. On an eMachines PC running 1.2 gig of ram and pentium 2.4 processor.

Is it possible that because I've only got XP Home edition it won't run? or should that not make any difference?

Please help and thanks in advance
Djordje
Ace
What build are you running - or, better, trying to run?

What is your default printer?

Download the latest update patch, install it, try again.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!