BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Print screen and docking on a Mac...gaaaahhh!!!???????

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi
Angry (really...) macnewbie with a question...

When say the 3D window top bar suddenly appears under the info box...how the #€%€#€##% can I get it out of there to resize it without moving the info box???

I hope it's all me...but the docking gives me the shivers...big time...I have sworn to give the Mac-OS a serious try. I want to learn because everyone says the mac is sooo good!
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Rakela wrote:
Another thing that i always use in Windows is the list files by TYPE....i know MAC should have it somewhere but still looking.....so far, im liking my little mac a lot
List by "Kind"
But I can get it working only for Icon view? How did you get it working for Column & or List?
Thanks,
Joseph
__archiben
Booster
Joseph wrote:
But I can get it working only for Icon view? How did you get it working for Column & or List?
make sure that 'Kind' is one of the checked view options for that display type . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
Joseph wrote:

make sure that 'Kind' is one of the checked view options for that display type . . .

~/archiben

Thanks, had forgot to click on Kind in the Finder itself. But I am missing this feature of Windoz in Column view of Mac.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Ralph wrote:
Your message title suggests you wanted screen printing too. If so, take a look at the "Keyboard & Mouse' panel in the "System Preferences". There is a tab for "Keyboard Shortcuts", and you should find key-presses to grab a snapshot of either the entire screen or a specified area.
In addition.... search your Utilities folder for an application called "Grab". Another way to skin the cat
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Thomas Holm
Booster
Joseph wrote:
But I am missing this feature of Windoz in Column view of Mac.
I think you'll have to wait a month or so for OSX10.5 to get other sortings than alphabetical in Column view.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Brad Elliott
Booster
Or if you just want to screen print a single window use Command/Shift-4 and then hit the space bar. You will get a camera icon that highlights the window it is in front of and will only take a picture of that window when you click.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Learn and get certified!