BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Printer HP T520 plotting layout jpegs in a corrupt manner

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any ideas; When a layout has an imported jpeg (photo etc) when I publish a layout to a pdf I can print the pdf beautifully BUT if I plot the layout directly from archicad the plot is excellent except for the jpeg which looks something like a black and white bitmap image so poor you can hardly tell what the image is of.

Currently working around by publishing everything and printing directly from the pdf.

Any thoughts.

System; HP Z400 workstation, Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz and 3.19GHz, 64 Bit, windows 7 professional
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Have you tried printing directly from Archicad rather than plotting.
I never have understood why Archicad still has a plot command - who has a plotter these days?

Personally I always publish to PDF.
One because it works as you have discovered and also if you need another print no need to fire up Archicad - just print the PDF.
Especially good for those people who don't have Archicad but can access the PDF.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
nitizz
Participant
Is the HP T520 is a printer or plotter??

Can't find the name in plot setup (hewlett-packard)
AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
shtarkel
Participant
The PLT file format, also called HPGL, is the standard language for printing line drawings. Created by Hewlett-Packard, it has specifically been designed for 2D graphical information for the HP range of plotters.

The PLT file is structured on the basis of a set of commands embedded in the ROM of pen plotters. This helps reduce the work required by applications programmers to create plotted output. Another feature of PLT is that it uses two-letter mnemonics as instructions for drawing lines, circles, text, and simple symbols.

Hewlett-Packard plotters use PLT as its primary printer control language. Although it wasn’t meant to be an interchange format, PLT is now also used by most other software suppliers and has become a standard for almost all plotters.

So PLT is a vector-base file format and JPEG is a raster-based!

Use PDF or Print command
Learn and get certified!