BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem Archicad 12 and Nvidia QUadro 580

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Here is my problem. I use Windows xp 32bit, and i bought a NVIDIA QUADRO FX580 because i work with Archicad 12. But when I use this program, all the time the pc crash and i need to restart it. Someone knows why? I tried to change drivers, new drivers and old drivers but the problem persist.
At the beginning the problem that the pc showed me was about a file called N4V_DISP but now the pc shut down without any message. (ONlyusing archicad)
I'm really in trouble because i need to use this program for work.
Someone can help me?
I saw that there are drivers for improving performances with AUTOCAD and 3DSTUDIO but for archicad i cannot find anything.
IS there anyone who can help me???
thank a lot
marco
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 550 and my computer has crashed too many times to remember whilst using archicad. It's been difficult to pin point what triggers the crash, the only common problem is that AC 12 & 13 is running actively or is on in the background.

This problem was non existent with AC10, so I too feel your pain!
In an attempt to solve the problem, I reformatted the computer so only AC was installed to avoid any interference with other drivers post-reformat, problem persisted.
Haven't found any solution since, so if anyone has any clue how to resolve the problem -besides reverting to AC10- then I would be grateful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sujey wrote:
I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 550 and my computer has crashed too many times to remember whilst using archicad. It's been difficult to pin point what triggers the crash, the only common problem is that AC 12 & 13 is running actively or is on in the background.

This problem was non existent with AC10, so I too feel your pain!
In an attempt to solve the problem, I reformatted the computer so only AC was installed to avoid any interference with other drivers post-reformat, problem persisted.
Haven't found any solution since, so if anyone has any clue how to resolve the problem -besides reverting to AC10- then I would be grateful.
Hi ,
I have to say that since when i REFORMATTED my pc and installed Windows 7 the problem seems to be solved!!
Try this and tell me !!
bye
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have Windows 7 now, and it has crashed twice since (I've had windows 7 for about a week): once when saving a file in archicad, and another whilst zoom/scrolling on plan.

I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia but the comp crashed soon after, so I reverted back to microsofts own driver. If the driver had worked, then I would be able to atleast make adjustments in Nvidia contral panel.

Comp spec:
Intel DX58 Smackover
Intel Xeon E5540 2.53GHz
6 GB ram
64 bit Windows 7
Nivida Quadro FX550
Learn and get certified!