BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem with Material Colour in Archicad 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently ran into a annoying little problem in regards to the material colour selector for Archicad 10 student version.

If you click Options -> Element Attributes -> Materials the Material Settings window pops up. And if click on the Surface Colour the Edit Colour Window pops up.

However in the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green, Blue boxes you can only enter the first two digits of its numerical value. For example you can't enter a Hue vaule of 176 because the last digit "6" can't be entered. I've ran into the same problem with Archicad 9 as well. I'm not sure if its the version i'm using or a problem with my computer.

Thanks in Advance People
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
New_Xieland wrote:
However in the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green, Blue boxes you can only enter the first two digits of its numerical value. For example you can't enter a Hue vaule of 176 because the last digit "6" can't be entered. I've ran into the same problem with Archicad 9 as well. I'm not sure if its the version i'm using or a problem with my computer.
New_Xieland:

On my Mac, I have to choose between RGB sliders or HSB sliders. The RGB are 3 digit numbers (0 - 255), but the HSB inputs are angle for Hue (0 - 359) and percentage for Saturation and Brightness (0 - 100). So what is allowable probably depends on the type of color description you are using. Stating your operating system would help, as well as a screen shot of the color dialog box.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply David. Here's a screen shot of the material colour selection screen. For my OS I am using Windows XP.

I've also emailed Graphisoft about it and they suggested that it is probably due to the OS system that I am running since Archicad's colour selection is derived from your OS settings.

Hmmmm... Anyways here's the screen shot as a jepg attachment. You can see that the last digit is clearly cut off.

Cheers
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
New_Xieland:

I would have guessed a system issue for a color picker problem. I am on the Mac, so maybe someone on Windows will have an idea. Also, when I tried to view your jpeg, I got the message "404 File Not Found: The File files/archi_prob_173.jpg does not exist." so you may need to repost the file for others to see it.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The problem doesn't occurr on any of the PCs in our office.
The colour palette is a windows common control, and is just called by archicad. Does it work properly in any other apps?
To test it, fire up Paint(Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint), double click on one of the colour swatches along the bottom of the window, and click 'Define Custom Colours', and try entering HSL or RGB values there.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Learn and get certified!