Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problems saving PLN in v18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having issues saving PLNs to a Mac Server in ArchiCAD 18. I can save to my desktop will no issues. I can drag and drop the PLN from my desktop to the Mac Server.

Today I tried to "Save As..." and I received a message that stated ArchiCAD 18 could not save the PLN. When I checked the folder I was trying to save into, I saw a file with this extension: .pln.t.c It appears to be a temp file. I have seen it one other time while a pln was saving. When the file was finished, the file with this extension, disappeared.

This saving issues, whether a regular save or a save as, is happening almost everyday. I do not have any issues in Teamwork, just as a solo project. I can publish as PDF or DWG. I can save as a DWG. But I cannot save as a PLN.

What gives?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I am not a Mac user but are you sure you have all the correct permissions set for your destination drive.
I often read post here that say to "repair permissions" and this often fixes the issue.

Or do you have any unusual text characters in your file name or file path?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Permissions, etc. have been check. I had the IT guy check that last week. No unusual characters in the name either.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It happened again today. Here is the warning I get from ArchiCAD