BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problems with AC14 build 3862?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having problems with the latest update of ArchiCAD 14? (build 3862)

I updated earlier today and files that were working just fine are now taking forever to do basic things like merge, save, open library manger, etc. Sometimes it is long enough that I force quit, but there is an awful lot of beachball time.

These are not big files. They are tiny compared to the huge models that I have been working on for years.

Unless there is some simple solution (I already tried trashing the prefs) it looks like I may have to reinstall and downgrade to the last build release. Yuch!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
My laptop is dying so I've been hesitant to reply because I'm unsure if it's a hardware thing but I've been having long wait times recently. It's not uncommon to select something, hit ctrl-c and have to wait up to two minutes for AC to respond again. And often it forgets what it was doing and I have to repeat the keystroke.

There have also been times when I've hit ctrl-c or -x and I go to paste it and it says the clipboard is empty. If I wait a few moments and try again and it works. Maybe slow or delayed communication between AC and Windows?

I haven't noticed activities that require hard drive access, such as the ones you listed, taking longer. Accessing and saving files seems the same. My AC still can open internal databases quickly but there is a delay when I select something and when the info bar gets populated. That alone is frustrating because it slows me down having to wait about a second every time I select something new.

It makes me think that our problems are probably unrelated but I am running the latest AC14 build and the cut/copy/paste problem is fairly recent so I thought for the sake of posterity and so on...
Anonymous
Not applicable
The slow copy problem is a longstanding one. There is a workaround which, as I recall, is to turn off the setting to include linked textures when saving as an archive.

My problems may be related though since they have involved hotlinking and merging IFC models from Revit and these operations may depend on some of the same functions.

Thanks for reminding me about this. The update may have reset the texture thingie. Hopefully that's all it is.
Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
I've noticed similar slowness with very basic operations. I thought it was a problem with the files, but we certainly didn't have these problems in the past. I am curious if changing the texture thingie works for open and save and library manager. I am happy to know of the fix for the cntl+x/c because that has bothered me for quite some time.
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
Anonymous
Not applicable
It has been running better for me today so I hadn't gotten around to trying the texture setting fix. So I just did and now the cut/copy problem seems to be WORSE! D*mn this is frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem after these updates. I have a huge project, and I could jump between worksheets, 3d window and 2d window without a problem. Now it takes up to 40sec. before I can work on that page. Then the 3D window is another one, as soon as you marquee something, you get dark(to black) parts and parts that is fully textures. The worst is objects from the Library turns into a solid colour no matter what material is assigned.
Help I'm going of my rocker. Graphisoft is not doing anything about it!!
3D Window Problem-Obj.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
One can only add one image at a time, so here is the other screen shot. But still the "lag"(delay) problem is the priority for fix! Pls!!

I hoped that the Hotfix 4044, would fix it but it hasn't!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had Archicad (and other software) in the past mess up on me like it's acting corrupted. It might be a number or things from video drivers to broken files. In your case, I have no idea what to do to fix what you have there.

When it gets like that I don't waste time trying to figure it out I just back everything up, uninstall what I need, install fresh, and in under a couple of hours I have the problem fixed.

YMMV and you may have other things going on but just saying...
Learn and get certified!