BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Processing Elements very slow in 3D

mmbrajohan
Booster
Hi there.

This error happened all of the sudden...

When I edit a wall, or draw in a new one, etc, the 3D rebuild takes extremely long. When I work with any other feature, like slab , roof, objects, etc., the change is immediate and no Processing Element window is displayed.

I do have a complex profile a wall and some solid element operations on the site mesh, but this happened way after the solid element operations where introduced in the project.

Any ideas? I tried hiding and deleting walls, meshes and slabs, but it still does it...
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure if you are on a mac or not, but we just found this issue in our office. Simple tasks where taking a long time to process and teamworks was very slow. We discovered it was due to a Mac OS update, and the issue only occurred on macs that had OSx 10.12 installed and were updated to 10.14.

Not sure if this will solve you issue, but here is a link to the article that helped us figure it out:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/75345/

Good Luck
mmbrajohan
Booster
Hi Hence.

I am on PC, but I did manage to find the problem.

The slab I used to do a solid element operation with, cuts through a lot of elements, which causes it to recalculate all the cut priorities of the walls intersecting with it.

Is there a way to switch this off instead of rearranging all the building material priorities?
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try to change the Intersection Group number for the layer that your 3D operator is on.
This help article explains where to find that setting: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/77390/

I would put the slab on a layer like 3D Operator, and change that layer's Intersection number to a 2 in all of your Layer Combinations.

There is also a goodie available called "Intersections in Layer Combinations" that will go through all you Layer Combinations and change the Intersection Group number of all hidden layers. It is part of the standard Goodie package and can be found under the option menu.

Hope this help.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Hence wrote:
I would put the slab on a layer like 3D Operator, and change that layer's Intersection number to a 2 in all of your Layer Combinations.

It would be better to put them all in a layer with an Intersection Number of 0 was this will prevent each SOE operator from intersecting with each other as well. My SOE layer is also set to wireframe all the time which prevents things from looking odd when they layer is visible, yet still be workable.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
mmbrajohan
Booster
Thanks Hence & Lingwisyer.

Assigning the intersection group number to 0 and the rest to 1 solved the problem!!!
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
Lingwisyer
Guru
Things like Intersection Group are saved under each Layer Combination so if you are wanting to modify them across the board or across a few of them, it is easiest done in the Attribute Manager rather than the Layer Manager as multiple layer combinations can be selected at once. If you only modify the Layer rather than the Layer Combination, any modifications will be lost the next time the active Layer Combination is changed.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!