Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Property Manager - Expression Editor - Wrong Font

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I am within the expression editor and I add an item it comes in with the wingding font!!!
Is there a way to change this?
15 REPLIES 15
Roger C
Booster
I'm having the same problem in both computer I have Archicad installed. This is very annoying, a real pain in the a$$. Both of them are using completely different fonts, and it happens to be that in one case the font used is showing missing characters for operators like < or >.

This has to be fixed ASAP. Properties are a key part of BIM production.
i7 3770K / MSI GS73VR 7RF i7 7700HQ

16 gb

GTX 3060 / GTX 1060

Windows 10

ArchiCAD 25 SPA
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a serious problem. There is no way to reinstall the system.
I was trying to find this font in windows by appearance.
(The * symbol has 5 rays, the Q symbol has a tail from the bottom, etc.)
Selected only 2 fonts.
But they all support the Cyrillic alphabet.
And it doesn't look like the editor is using an embedded font, because each type of font in the editor is different.
The problem appeared after installing MS SQL Server 2019

As a temporary solution - select text and copy using Ctrl + Insert, edit in notepad, then paste back using Shift + Insert.
Or You can use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.

This is how it looks in notepad:

IF ( {Property:Эвакуационный выход - Emergency exit/Emergency exit - Эвакуационный выход}; "EE"; "Не является путём эвакуации" )
Roger C
Booster
For god's sake. Archicad 25 didn't fix this issue. It's very annoying, very painful and makes working with the expression editor a f****** disgrace.

This should be on the top of the list to fix by Graphisoft
i7 3770K / MSI GS73VR 7RF i7 7700HQ

16 gb

GTX 3060 / GTX 1060

Windows 10

ArchiCAD 25 SPA
Kamil Dylo
Booster

Is there a fix for this issue? More than 4 years later and Graphisoft couldn't find the solution? Or didn't even bother to look for one?

Josh Verran
Expert

2023 here and I have the same issue.

Occurs on my home PC only.

Makes it almost impossible to edit properties.

Would love for there to be a fix.

Font.pngFont2.pngFont3.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Thanks for the feedback, and yes we're aware of this issue for some users.

We have been (and are) looking at different solutions to this. Unfortunately we can't really fix it directly inside the existing UI control that we are using here - due to some technical limitations. But we are still investigating it, to find a solution.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager