Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Property Manager - Expression Editor - Wrong Font

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I am within the expression editor and I add an item it comes in with the wingding font!!!
Is there a way to change this?
15 REPLIES 15
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I hope that this issue has already been resolved but if not, then I think it might be because the "Arial Unicode MS" Font (it is a default font on windows, and used by a lot of code editors) is somehow missing from your computer, so it is replaced with the wrong font. If you search for it online, you should be able to download and install this font, which might solve the problem.

We also made an entry on our bug list to resolve this in future releases.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, we are having the same issue as the original post its a different font causing us issues (really hard to read) we want to change it so its user friendly.

Currently running windows 7 and Archicad 22

We have downloaded the "Arial Unicode MS Regular" and placed it in the fonts folder after reading this post but it did not change the font with in Archicad.

Has this issue been fixed yet or is it coming in the next patch?

Kind Regards
Paul
Barry Kelly
Paulr wrote:
Currently running windows 7 and Archicad 22
Windows 7 could be the problem.
Archicad 22 was not tested on Windows 7 although it does seem to run OK.
However, maybe you have found a problem.

If you have downloaded the correct font (for Windows 7), make sure you have restarted your computer.

If that still doesn't work then I would consider upgrading Windows.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
We ended up deleting the Font "Joehand2" that was causing the issue making it revert back to "Arial Unicode" hopefully we don't need "Joehand2" for other programs.

Kind Regards
PaulR
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I read all the topic answers, but none of these solutions seems to work with me. I already installed Arial Unicode MS and deleted all script fonts in my fonts folder, but my expression editor still looks like this:

Does anyone know how to fix that? I couldn't find anything on the user guide page

Here is my system information:

I'm using archicad 24, but this problem happened to me when I was using 22 and 23 too.

Vanessa.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, if the above suggestions do not help, it is not possible to revert back to the default font now. It was an error with the editor when processing the characters. It is a rare issue, to fix this we will need a big project to revamp the editor. Hopefully, we will be able to fix it soon!

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
vanessa-santos wrote:
I already installed Arial Unicode MS and deleted all script fonts in my fonts folder, but my expression editor still looks like this:

Have you re-started your machine?
I just had one of my guys install some new fonts today and Archicad would not recognise them even when re-starting Archicad.
It had to be a machine re-start.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, i re-started the machine but it doesn't work I even tried to restore windows default fonts
Anonymous
Not applicable
mnguyen wrote:
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, if the above suggestions do not help, it is not possible to revert back to the default font now. It was an error with the editor when processing the characters. It is a rare issue, to fix this we will need a big project to revamp the editor. Hopefully, we will be able to fix it soon!

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Ah, it's okay! Thank you for the reply, i'll be waiting for updates