Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Publisher problems

Miha_M
Advisor
Strange. Publisher crashes on updating layout drawings and/or during publishing layouts to .dwg. I might have had a crash while publishing the same content to .pdf, but can't remember, as there were so many crashes that I gave it up and saved out each layout with the classic "save as" method. I tried the same project file on two different computers with the same bug reporter result.

Updating the layouts one by one is working, but updating a few selected at once gives me the bug reporter.
Publishing to .pdf works for now, but there is limited possibility publish to .dwg. I don't know if this did help in any way, but I succeded publishing a few layouts to .dwg after removing all regional "ščž" characters from the layout names.

Anybody noticing publisher stability issues or do I have a corrupt file?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

16 REPLIES 16
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

Thank you for the confirmation!

It indeed confirmed that these are heap corruption crash. Update 2 for Archicad 24 will be released soon, until then, I'm wondering if you can use INT version to install 4000 preview build for a few weeks? If yes, I can share with you the workaround implemented in this update in order to avoid the crash from happening.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am working on a project in AC23 and Publisher crashes during publishing layouts to a single .dwg file, giving me the bug reporter.
The strange is I used to publish successfully, until I made some serious changes in the Layer Combinations of the project and created Ceiling Plan/Lighting Plan Views, etc. I have no problems when publishing to a single PDF file, or when I export a View/Layout to DWG separately.
If anyone knows how to deal with it, please help me. I have tried to do all that have been mentioned above, but didn't work.

Thank you in advance,
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DaphneTsl wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a project in AC23 and Publisher crashes during publishing layouts to a single .dwg file, giving me the bug reporter.
The strange is I used to publish successfully, until I made some serious changes in the Layer Combinations of the project and created Ceiling Plan/Lighting Plan Views, etc. I have no problems when publishing to a single PDF file, or when I export a View/Layout to DWG separately.
If anyone knows how to deal with it, please help me. I have tried to do all that have been mentioned above, but didn't work.

Thank you in advance,
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

I am wondering if you keep the bug ID of the crash? If yes, could you send it to me for a quick check?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello again,

Thank you for your immediate response.
The bug ID is AC23-2021-02-03-10-31-11-8975.

Thank you,
D.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the ID!

From the crash report, I found that it was linked to a known issue (ARCH-10981). It was about visibility handling. This issue has been fixed in Update 2 (5005) for Archicad 23. As I can see that you are still using version 3003, I suggest updating to the latest build (currently 6004) in order to avoid the crash, along with receiving many other improvements.

Please let me know if it helps with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much, the problem is solved!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm glad that the issue is solved!
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT