BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Quick Layers Palette

ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Why is it so hard to incorporate the quick layers palette in to my work environment. Ever since the quick layers palette came along, I have tried repeatedly to incorporate it into my palette scheme. Eeverytime I open ArchiCad, the palette is gone. If I reapply, even though its already been applied at the startup screen, my work environment profile, it does not appear, and I have to manually activate it with each new session of ArchiCad that I open. Having just loaded 12, the problem still exists. What's the deal?

Thanks
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
This is a long-standing gripe.

QuickLayers is handled by an add-on (plug-in) and the palette arrangement stored in a WE does not include such things - or their visibility. PITR (pain in the rear).

You can put some (most?) of the QL functionality into a docked, custom toolbar.

I like the palette as it is, so just work around this annoyance by having a shortcut assigned to it to bring it back. Since ctrl-L (cmd-L) is Layers, I use ctlr-shift-L (cmd-shift-L) for QuickLayers...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kinda seems like it's just hiding behind screen.
Because for me it loads (from WE), then goes away.
Bier
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
thanks folks...i have a shortcut or two to hide the selected layers, but am just frustrated that it doesn't remain...didn't realize it was an add-on...i also did notice it popping up for a split second when loading, maybe its shy...

anyway, at least a question has been answered.

thanks again...
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick Layers Pallet shows up and then goes backward during AC opening, however, curiously it come back on and stays on when:
Consistently, when I go to any schedules screen, and then close it, the
Quick Layers Pallet show up and stays on!
Since that can all be done with 2 mouse clicks, I now have a quick and simple "switch" to turn on "bring forward" the Quick Layers Pallet.
Yeh, it ain't right, but what the heck for now.
That's of course only if I have it set to on in WE.
Curious, can anyone else confirm same "feature"?
Bier
Learn and get certified!