BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Quicktime Error When Attempting to Start A14 EDU

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I am encountering the same problem that numerous others seem to be encountering when they try to start A14 Student Edition; an error message that says the following:

ArchiCAD cannot run on this computer.
Problem: QuickTime is either outdated, not properly installed or missing.
ArchiCAD 64 bit version requires QuickTime 7.5.5 or later, image compressors, decompressors, and required GSQtCom. Make sure you have QuickTime installed with the "Recommended" option chosen at installation, instead of the minimal option. Uninstall QuickTime, then reinstall it using the "Recommended" option. You must also run the GSQtcom.exe to register it.

I have gone through all three steps on the ArchiCADWiki site, as well as any other recommended steps from related threads here and still get the same message.
I bought this laptop yesterday; it is more powerful than my previous comp which opened the program just fine (I got a new comp, however, because the processor was too weak to handle the program). Anyways, my new comp is as follows (if this information will help): Dell Inspiron 17R, 17.3" screen, 1200x900, Intel i5 processor, 640 GB drive, 6 GB RAM, Intel HD gfx card. I know the graphics card is not desirable but it is the same one I had in my previous comp, so I don't see how that could be a problem.
If anyone has any suggestions, or if there is any other information I could submit here, please do not hesitate to help- I have been at this for a couple hours now and do not know what else to do.

Thanks,
Andrew
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
I get the same error message trying to start AC14 in Windows 7 64bit on a MacPro with Bootcamp. None of the suggested steps i ArchicadWiki help in any way and judging from all the posts with this problem it is a serious one.

Stig
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
Learn and get certified!