BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

R19/6006 3D problems

Jeff Kogut
Booster
As soon as we updated we're having major problems in 3D on some projects, but not on others. 3D has become unusable as a tool.

Switching in to 3D causes several 3-4 second delays of the spinning circle. Then when switching to 3D Explore it lags 4-5 seconds and then runs as normal moving about the model. But then hitting ESC will trigger a few more 3-4 second delays. Selecting anything takes 3-5 seconds for it to happen and triggers more 3-4 second delays.

This is the same on 5 workstations with 2-4 year old i7, SSD, Win7 64 bit, 16gb RAM, and a mix of HD6670, GTX650Ti, and Quadro K620 video cars. The consistent item is particular files. Actual file size does not seem to matter as some larger (140mb) files work fine but our template (102mb) and other files (112-135mb) have the issue. We updated all video drivers and Java.

Our template has some furniture sets, cabinets, etc. set up already so they can be quickly moved in to a model. I've tried deleting some to all of the furniture and it appears there is some threshold where the model loses the lag issue. I have tried many deletion combos and can't isolate it to any one object. But some of our finished models also have the issue and this 'parts area' furniture has been eliminated (or moved in to the model).

Turning off Transparency has no effect, nor does turning the sliders all the way down in Advanced Redraw Options in the Work Environment.

Is anyone having similar issues?
Does anyone know what changed?
Suggestions for any other settings to try?

Edit: I posted here what our template looks like.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51465
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I think that there is problem of current build or several builds of AC 19. New versions, new features, new bugs...

1. Do you open in 3D all objects or party?

2. Did you check this files on another versions of AC?
gpowless
Advocate
I had the 3d windows freeze on me yesterday after update. Please get on this GS
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Any chance you have one of these in your file?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Richard wrote:
Any chance you have one of these in your file?
We don't.

But I was immediately suspicions of the 'Downspout Complex 19'. I've had issues with it trying to divide by zero or some such in the past. But deleting it that didn't seem to have any effect.

Well, a new 'feature' this morning. About 80% of the objects disappear when clicking on 3d Explore now. Hit ESC and it all reappears and hopefully we end up where we wanted to navigate to.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Takis
Expert
Just installed Archicad 19 update v6006 on Windows 10x64 system.

Archicad 3D has big problems, spinning all the time, it is impossible to work.

I have to remove everything and reinstall Archicad again to previous version 5005.

Any other solutions?
Takis
Expert
Finally I had to completely uninstall Archicad 19 and reinstall it again.
I updated up to version 4013 because also with version 5005 I had some problems with Cigraph's dongle key recognition.

Now with the update version 4013 everything works OK.

Personally I would not suggest updating to version 6006.

Takis.

Windows 10x64 on Bootcamp
MacPro Late 2013
16GB RAM
AMD D500 3GB x2
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Takis, by chance did you try deleting parts of a model to reduce the size of the model in 3D? Enough to improve performance?

I would like to give any info we can to Graphisoft in order for them to troubleshoot this issue.
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Int_Skylined wrote:
Hi!

2. Did you check this files on another versions of AC?
Yes, we left one PC with 5005 and files run fine on it. Open the same file with 6006 and the problem exists.
Takis
Expert
Unfortunately I can't search any further for this problem.

From what I understood using for that little short time version 6006 it has generally problem in managing a lot of data.

When picking up a really very small area with Marquee tool it works ok, but it has really problems with bigger ones.

Takis
Learn and get certified!