Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ROTATE IN Z AXIS??

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was wondering if anyone knew if i could rotate things in z axis like autocad where i change the ucs
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are referring to viewing the model in 3D, this is available in the 3D navigation palette. It is a bit tricky to figure out the right combination of view and motion modes; just fiddle with it for a while and it should become easy enough. There is also a "Look to" function which sets the 3D view perpendicular to a surface in the model.

If you mean to rotate building elements you must mean XY rotations since Z axis rotations are in plan. The XY rotations can only be done in library parts where it has been specifically programmed, and pitched roofs where this function is built in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I know what you mean, Vivi. In AutoCAD you can rotate your working axis (UCS = User Coordinate System) so that you can perform a normal rotation on a object in a direction other than that seen on plan.

This can't be done in ArchiCAD, unless, as Matthew says, an object has that parameter in it's make-up.

Try looking in the GDL / Library parts forums for ways to do this if you want to get into GDL scripting (way beyond me!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
thats exactly what i mean s2art. thanks a lot.
i imagined that it couldnt be done
thanks a lot
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
s2art wrote:
I think I know what you mean, Vivi. In AutoCAD you can rotate your working axis (UCS = User Coordinate System) so that you can perform a normal rotation on a object in a direction other than that seen on plan.

This can't be done in ArchiCAD, unless, as Matthew says, an object has that parameter in it's make-up.

Try looking in the GDL / Library parts forums for ways to do this if you want to get into GDL scripting (way beyond me!)
Or take a look at OBJECTiVE. It's an add-on for ArchiCAD which provides 3D rotation and different working planes for objects. The announcement (and links) are at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9382

Ralph.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect!