Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Ram Samsung is better for archicad 21 (windows 10) then Ram Kingston or other..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all! Is it true, that the Ram DDR3 Samsung is better, i mean work more fast for archicad 21 (windows 10) then Ram Kingston or other with the same frequency ?
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
If it has the same tech specs, I would say it should be the same. The difference being better quality being more reliable and / or easier to manufacture.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-best-ram-manufacturer.422459/
https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-dram-manufacturers/computer-hardware

You should probably be looking at other components if you are looking at performance gains, unless you are "min-maxing" at which point you would not be asking this question, especially here.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank's for the answer. I think the same, no mattr which brand use when frequency of the ram the same..
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Just make sure to check what your motherboard takes.

We accidentally ordered non-ECC RAM once for our HP workstations and they didn't take the cheap 'gamer hyper Xtreme racing car red' RAM, only ECC.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
My computer also only takes ECC RAM. Which is sad as it is super expensive to upgrade yet I do not get any benefit from the ECC functions... Pay more for lower performance... Dual Xeons were awesome though, but they are getting dated...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Yeah, running Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz here, still works fine some 10 years on.

Luckily it has a lot of memory bays, so we just bought I think a lot of 2 GB ECC to make it to 16 GB (up from 8 GB), which still holds up fine.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5