BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Random directory switch, crash, no autosave, no cache

lasse
Booster
Ouch!

I have been working in a file that exists in a specific local job folder. It crashed when I tried to save and quit at the end of the day. Bug reporter fired up, but I chose not to report it. When I went to re-open it, thereby forcing the “orzel model file.pln.lck”file to re-open, it tragically wasn’t in the list.

Looking in my file directory, it wasn’t there, neither was a “.pln.lck”. Yet, when starting Archicad fresh, it shows up in the “recent” files list view. This time it’s path is some random “/Private/var.... “ Path (see below, 3rd line item in blue):

The file on top in this list “was” the original file that I was working on, yet upon opening that file, it was in an earlier state/stage from this morning, not the file that I did all the work in during the course of the day. I don’t know how this switched?!?!?! I never closed it.

I am on a (new) MacPro/12 Core/32Gb RAM 512 GB SSD HD/3 TB USB external (where my files reside)/OS10.9.2

Is there anything I need to be aware of?

Respectfully,

Lars

image1.png
(suffering updates since v.4.55)
1 REPLY 1
lasse
Booster
here is the location listed in the "recent files" dialogue, can I do anything with this?
(suffering updates since v.4.55)
Learn and get certified!