Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Re-download ArchiCad v7?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My original copy of ArchiCad v7 bought years ago has become corrupted on my hard drive somehow and I cannot find the original disk. I have a 32-bit operating system. Is it possible to download another copy of ArchiCad v7 to my hard drive so I can complete a job for a friend of mine who has contracted Parkinson's Disease and needs a new house designed to meet his special needs? Thanking you in advance, Mike Pratt
Email: mrkleen1@iprimus.com.au
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try the AC7 File converter version you can download from here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lazslo,

I did EXACTLY as you recommended and downloaded ArchiCad 7 again but I STILL have the same problem with the cursor. When I drag the arrow to highlight a line or an object there is a little dot following the arrow, a small distance away. Even when the arrow is DIRECTLY over the line I want to highlight, when I click to select it, this little dot becomes the starting point instead of where the arrowhead is pointing... It's very hard to explain but I hope you now have some idea of my problem. Sorry to be such a pest but I just want to do a small job for a very good friend.

Thanking you in advance,

Mike Pratt (Caliban2)
Barry Kelly
You have 'snap to grid' turned on.
'S' is the default keyboard shortcut to turn it on/off.

Barry.
snap_to_grid.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you SO much Barry! It worked! If you were in Australia I'd buy you a beer!

Mike Pratt
Karl Ottenstein
Caliban2 wrote:
If you were in Australia I'd buy you a beer!
Since he is, I suppose you will? 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You got me there! My FINAL problem is that Stairmaker has disappeared. Could anyone please advise me how to restore Stairmaker For ArchiCAD 7? I'm working off my original disk so I just don't understand this at all unless I've overwritten something on it. Everything else is working perfectly and thanks to all for your help so far.

Mike Pratt
Anonymous
Not applicable
My original ArchiCAD version 7 disk has been corrupted somehow and I can no longer use it. Later versions of ArchiCAD will not work on this old computer, they just freeze. Is it possible for me to download ArchiCAD v7 again from somewhere? I only do small domestic jobs anyway so I don't require any advanced features. Thanking you in anticipation, Mike Pratt (aka Caliban2) Australia
Karl Ottenstein
You can download the INT or USA 'file converter' versions of AC 7 here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html

If you still have an old installation folder for your version of AC 7, then certain files like your AUS libraries and any add-ons can be copied into the downloaded AC 7 folder to get it closer to your last usable version.

It is possible that Graphisoft Australia has a download site with the AUS version, but you would have to contact them directly.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
I just saw that you asked this same question last July. You said then that it worked... so now I'm confused about why you've asked again?

I'm merging this new thread into your old one...