BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Really slow ArchiCAD 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys,

I'm new on this forum and I'm having a big problem. I've searched all over the forums. I found the thread with ArchiCAD 10 crashing on startup, but that's all, and it doesn't really help me since I don't have these files in my system folder.

Here's the problem: When I try to run ArchiCAD 11, it takes like 20 minutes to get to the main screen. When I try to open a project, it's simply impossible because it freezes when I double-click on a folder (to get to the project I want to work on), I believe it even makes my explorer crash.
Now when I open ArchiCAD by double-clicking on an ArchiCAD file, it also takes a lot of time to open it. I actually can work on it, until i'm having an auto-save (or something else, I didn't notice), and ArchiCAD freezes again.
I've also noticed a lot of "CrashDump-XXXXXXXX(XX-XX-XX)-[XXXX].dmp" files appearing in the folder in which I've saved the ArchiCAD file I tried to load.
Could it be possible that it's a similar trojan-based problem like the one on ArchiCAD 10?

I'm using Windows XP SP2, with 1GB RAM. If these informations aren't enough, please tell me.

EDIT: Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't solve the problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Does Archicad start on its own? I have always, but ALWAYS preferred to start the software, and then open the file. That way you know whether the problem is in your installation or the file.

Is your disk maybe full? The memory is OK, although 2GB would not hurt.

Which 11 build? Did you do an update recently?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply Djordje.

1. I tried both, first starting ArchiCAD with the shortcut, and clicking on a file. Each of these trials did the same.

2. I've actually 1GB RAM, and 90GB free disk space, and I don't remember having damaged accidentally the computer physically or downloading something suspicious during the last few days ArchiCAD began to run slowly.

3. That could be the problem, I'm actually checking for an update. I'll edit this post as soon as I have more infos about updates.

Ah and maybe that could help: on Windows start-up, I get an error message like:
The instruction at 0x1001218f uses the memory path 0x000000ff. The memory could not be read
Maybe it's not exactly the traduction of the error message I get in french (I'm actually using a french computer). In french it looks like this:
L'instruction à 0x1001218f emploie l'adresse mémoire 0x000000ff. La mémoire ne peut pas être "read"
If there are any frenchmen in here...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
LeX wrote:
Thanks for your reply Djordje.

1. I tried both, first starting ArchiCAD with the shortcut, and clicking on a file. Each of these trials did the same.

2. I've actually 1GB RAM, and 90GB free disk space, and I don't remember having damaged accidentally the computer physically or downloading something suspicious during the last few days ArchiCAD began to run slowly.

3. That could be the problem, I'm actually checking for an update. I'll edit this post as soon as I have more infos about updates.

Ah and maybe that could help: on Windows start-up, I get an error message like:
The instruction at 0x1001218f uses the memory path 0x000000ff. The memory could not be read
Maybe it's not exactly the traduction of the error message I get in french (I'm actually using a french computer). In french it looks like this:
L'instruction à 0x1001218f emploie l'adresse mémoire 0x000000ff. La mémoire ne peut pas être "read"
If there are any frenchmen in here...
If you get error messages when Windows starts up, you might have bigger problems with your operating system. Possibly a system reinstall could also be considered if this problem does not resolve otherwise.
Another thought: If the memory could not be read, then it may be the memory module that is faulty. This could be checked by inserting another memory module and seeing if the error still comes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!