Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Redraw Errors During Drag-Pan with ArchiCAD 25 and MacOS Catalina (10.15.7)

genarch
Enthusiast
I recently installed MacOS Catalina and ArchiCAD 25. When pressing mousing wheel to drag-pan I see all kinds of garbage artifacts on the screen and the vertical panning direction is reversed from what it was in AC24 (when I drag down the image goes up). Any ideas on how to fix?
Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

For better understanding of the issue, may I ask for a quick video showing the artifact while navigating in Archicad 25?

Regarding the reversed panning direction, did you change the mouse recently? If you still have a copy of Archicad 24 installed, could you please compare the behavior between the two?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

genarch
Enthusiast
I don't seem to be able to upload video files. I created an MP4 showing the behavior but the option to upload it is grayed out (although 2D image and PDF files are not). Taking a closer look at what's going on I can say that dragging left and right work as expected, although there are artifacts on the sides of the screen. When dragging up, the image appears to move in the opposite direction but when the mouse button is released the screen will redraw and, surprise, it actually panned in the correct direction.

For example, if I drag the screen UP the image on screen will move in the opposite direction from the mouse cursor, in this case DOWN. But when I release the mouse button the screen will redraw and the drawing will appear exactly where i had dragged it, even though it appeared to be moving in the opposite direction. This is really confusing and makes it next to impossible to work because I'm panning and zooming all the time when drafting.

I still have 24 installed and have gone back to using that version, even though it crashes a lot. 25 is just unusable for now. I did not change mouse settings.
Mac OSX 11.6.8

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the information! That's a very strange issue!

I will send you a link via Private Message to upload the video. Due to the limitation of the current forum, it is not possible to upload a video directly.

Regarding the constant crash with AC24, we need to dive deeper into that. With the latest update 6004 being rolled out, Archicad 24 should be very stable by now. Anyhow, we can discuss it over Private Message if you need a further investigation!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

genarch
Enthusiast
ArchiCAD didn't notify me there was an update, I've been using v3008. I am installing the update to 6004, hopefully that will cut down on the instability! I'll let you know.

I uploaded the video via the link you sent. Thank you. Interested to see what you make of it.
Mac OSX 11.6.8

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thanks to the help from @genarch, we found what causes the artifacts and panning direction when navigation in floor plan on macOS: under Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Advanced Redraw Options > Model Display in 2D Navigation: we should use only Full model. Selecting Simplified Model or Structural Contours Only will trigger those redraw errors.

Once again, thank you @genarch for spotting the issue!
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT