Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Redshift Graphisoft Forward Validation

joelsdg
Enthusiast

Hello, 

For the first time today, I tried to create a rendering using the Redshift engine, but received the message: "Redshift is available only for Graphisoft Forward/SSA Users."   The problem is that we are SSA users and I haven't had any trouble using AC 25 for the past few weeks.  

So I went to the Help pulldown and selected "License Information...".  And when I clicked on the "..." next to the "SSA Status Validation" item, I received the message "Validation was successful, please restart Archicad".

But when I restart Archicad, I get the same error message when selecting the Redshift engine for renderings: 

"Redshift is available only for Graphisoft Forward/SSA Users."

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I have been using macOS Monterey since I installed AC25, and have connected my GRAPHISOFT ID with my license, if that matters.

Thanks for any help, 

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9
7 REPLIES 7
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Joel,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

May I ask when you validate the SSA status, in the License Information dialog, do you see the SSA status is now "Active" or did it stay Inactive?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Jose Gemez
Participant

Same here... 

Minh, 

Thanks for getting back to me. My SSA status is "Inactive", even after I validate successfully and restart Archicad.

I'm not sure why this is happening.

Joel

Minh, 

Not sure if this is pertinent, but I also noticed under License Information, at the very top, under the columns Product Name I have Archicad.  But under License, I have  Local (Codemeter).  I am using a software key.   I thought Codemeter was for the physical/hardware USB keys.  Could this be part of the problem?

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the screenshot! This explains why the error about SSA shows up: Archicad does not recognize this license as an SSA license. I would suggest contacting your local support for further investigation, as this might involve multiple parties to identify where the problem could be.

Thank you very much for your understanding! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

FYI, I was in touch with North America Technical support today. They were not able to solve my issue, and so it’s been escalated to the “next level” at HQ. 
So the issue has not been solved and I expect to be contacted soon with a fix.

we shall see,

Joel

joelsdg
Enthusiast

Update from my end: Due to the issue discussed here, and slow graphics performance with AC25 I did a complete hard drive wipe and reinstalled macOS Monterey.  This fixed the problem with SSA Validation and Redshift.  

It might not be the best answer, but it's the one I tried and it worked.  I just wanted to post this in case it may help anyone else that runs across this problem.

Joel