Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Removing AC8 from OS 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont know much about Macs. I installed 8r3 on a Mac so I could create a UI for our objects that is Mac friendly. I need to remove AC8 from the machine before I install v7.

Is it as simple as deleting the archicad folder or is there some proceedure to follow?

Thanks,
Sean
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
deleting the application folder ought to do the trick.

there may be a few other graphisoft files and extensions lurking in the system folder (you did say OS9 in the title right?), but they should'nt affect anything.

i don't see why you can't have archiCAD's 7 + 8 on the same machine though. we do, to be able to access older jobs. in fact some machines still have 6.5 as well! you just have to be careful opening the correct files with the correct version, as it seems that the system tags an archiCAD file with the first installed version and uses that as a default when double clicking to open all archiCAD files.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
~/archiben wrote:
... as it seems that the system tags an archiCAD file with the first installed version and uses that as a default when double clicking to open all archiCAD files.
You mean LAST installed version?

Starting ArchiCAD first, and opening the appropriate file removes this problem.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Djordje wrote:
nope! i mean first installed version!

installing archiCAD 8.0, for example, will form the default application version for opening archiCAD files regardless of whether you install 6.5, 7 or 8.1 subsequently! think it's a mac thing.

it's been quite annoying for a few people here who always double-click to open. personally, i typically choose to open from within archiCAD anyway as you say, (made easier by the archiCAD 8+ start dialogue). and on rare ocassions drag-and-drop the file onto the correct application icon.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i don't see why you can't have archiCAD's 7 + 8 on the same machine though.
It's a space issue. The Mac belongs to our Technical Literature department so I need remove the apps when I'm done.

Thanks for the help.
Djordje
Ace
~/archiben wrote:
Djordje wrote:
nope! i mean first installed version!
Funny ... on Windows it is the last one? Sounds more logical, maybe?
it's been quite annoying for a few people here who always double-click to open. personally, i typically choose to open from within archiCAD anyway as you say, (made easier by the archiCAD 8+ start dialogue). and on rare ocassions drag-and-drop the file onto the correct application icon
I would insist on NOT double clicking; that is trusting the machine too much.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Djordje wrote:
that is trusting the machine too much.
maybe that's a mac thing?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t