Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Repeated Crashing of AC25 on Monteray OS Mac

elleaser
Participant

I am experiencing the attached crashing error repeatedly on a Macbook with Monterey OS and a fully update Archicad 25.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 9.23.53 AM (1).png
6 REPLIES 6

Have you updated to the latest build of Archicad 25? Also the latest version of macOS? It's worth restarting in Safe Mode then reboot again to see if that clears up any issues.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thank you Lee. Unfortunately this did not seem to help the crashing issue.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

Based on the screenshot, I could see that the crash happened with Archicad 25 4013, which is not the latest update. I would like to make sure that the crash persists after updating to the latest build 5010.

If it doesn't help, when Archicad crashes, there should be a Bug Reporter similar to this one appears. If you choose to send a detailed bug report, in the end, you should receive a bugID. I'm wondering if you could reproduce the issue and let me know the bugID number?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I have updated AC25 to the latest version and have not experienced this issue again. Thank you!

Do you use a MacBook Pro with intel processor and Monterey sistem?

@VladGoo See the other thread that you created.  It is essential (seriously) that you install every hotfix or update to the versions of Archicad that you are using along with all OS updates.   This bug was fixed long ago and you should be running AC 25 Build 5010 at this point.  You should be running Monterey 12.4 today... with 12.5 arriving any week now.  Every update that Graphisoft releases includes bug fixes.  Every update that Apple releases includes security fixes, but most also include bug fixes.

PS. It doesn't matter whether you are running with an Intel or Apple ARM processor.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB