BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Report generated when trying to create a 3D Perspective

Anonymous
Not applicable
When trying to generate a perspective, either the program freezes or it never produces the view. When I stop the processing, a report is generated and the screen remains blank. I really need an answer as to what to do.

Thanks so much.
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Does the report give any clues as to what the problem might be?

Try turning all the layers off and then turning them back on one at a time to see if your 3D generates.
If it does keep going until you find the layer that causes the problem.
You may be able to tell then what is causing the issue.
Let us know how you go.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. a very long one. It even tells me the file has errors. I have a lot of duplicate objects. I can't figure out the correct way to delete them. I'm in a time crunch because of finals so I don't have the time to search for the best way to get rid of the duplicates. Plus I don't want to have to put back a whole lot of objects. I really could use come assistance. It is getting to the point where it is affecting the 2D drawings, too.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you tried the check duplicates add-on that can be downloaded from Graphisoft's myarchicad site where you downloaded the main Archicad file?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I downloaded the add on. But figuring out how to use it is another story. Within each story I could search for duplicates. When first opening the file and the library manager is opened notifying of the duplicates I have looked for the add on within the drop down menus to no avail. I am beyond frustrated at this point which probably isn't helping.
Barry Kelly
The 'Check Duplicates' add-on is different to the duplicates that are listed in your Library Loading Report.

The add-on finds duplicates of elements or objects tat you have placed in your model and allows you to delete them.
If you have installed the add-on you should find it in the EDIT menu > Check Duplicates.

Duplicates in your Library Manager means you have multiple libraries loaded with the same object in them or they may be embedded in your file as well as in a loaded library.
You may not even have used these objects.

In either case I doubt these will be causing error reports and freezes in your 3D views. Certainly the duplicate library objects won't.

Do as I suggested before to try to isolate the problem (i.e. view one layer at a time).
We have not seen your report nor have access to your file so unless you can provide more specific detail it will be difficult to give you the exact solution.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to attach the report but neither .doc nor .txt extensions were allowed. Then I tried to attach the file as a zip file, but it's bigger than 15000 bytes, and would never download.

I did hide the layer mentioned as an error on the report, but most all of the "objects" hid as well. I was able to generate a 3-D perspective. When I tried to unhide the layers within the 3-D perspective the file became unresponsive and I had to manually close the program. When I opened the file again, I went to the floor plan to reload the hidden objects.

I would love for someone to look at the file if there is a way to get it to you.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the duplicates within my libraries. Is there an easy way to explain it to me. I'm trying to use troubleshooting, but not having much luck.

Thanks for all your help so far.
Barry Kelly
You could try something like Dropbox to share the file.
You can attach the link to a message here and others will be able to download it.

Try placing a marquee around half of your plan and view that in 3D.
No problem the place a marquee around half of what wasn't marquee in the first place.
Keep going until you can narrow down an area where the problem is.
Then try selecting individual elements or objects or a few at a time an view those in 3D.
It is all just a process of elimination.

You can copy relevant parts of the error message and paste them in a message here. Most of the report is probably not important.

With the duplicate library parts you can select them in the list and press the 'Information" button to get more details.
You can have placed duplicates and non-placed duplicates but you should be able to drill down and find the object names.
Then it is a case of browsing your library folders and deleting the duplicate parts or simply removing any libraries you don't need in the Library Manager.

Search the help files for duplicate library parts.
There should be plenty of info and diagrams.

There are many posts in this forum as well - here is just one.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=46068

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!