BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Restoring the "Open File - What Do You Want to Do" dialog

Is there a setting to restore the Open File StartUp dialog box? I've dialled this by accident and now have to start ArchiCAD and let it open a new file before I can access this dialog.

I scoured the preferences for a button, but haven't found anything that is relevant. Thanks!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Aaron,

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/configuration/start-archicad...
To enable it again, use the File > New & Reset All command.
Have to press the Alt/Opt key for File > New & Reset All to show up.

Seems kind of brute force... would be nice to have a simple WE checkbox for it.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
If you want to get the dialog back without changing anything else that a New & Reset does (I'm not really sure of how many things that changes) ... there is a plist item you can change to 'YES' if you want to get down and dirty... see attached. For Windows folks, I assume there is a similar Registry setting...

The plist is in ~/Library/Preferences ... screenshot is the Xcode editor.
Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 11.30.18 AM.png
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Here's a text editor view of the plist XML file, search for the word 'Startup'. Yours will show "<false/> where my screenshot shows <true/>. Just change it/save.
Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 11.33.56 AM.png
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Aaron:

Go to your Work Environment and add the command Enable All Informational Messages..., this will bring back all the dialog boxes where you checked the "Do not show this again" box.

David
Enable_Info_Messages.png
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!