Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

SEO unexpected material behavior

Scott Bulmer
Booster
In the attached image, the concrete grade beams were not the target of a SEO operation, however became covered with the material of the actual target (terrain). We were attempting to subtract upwards the terrain from the building envelope when the wheels came off. I'm left scratching my head in bewilderment.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Scott

So you are certain the beam is not part of the SEO. Have you used the functions under Maintain Operations to make sure?

A mod file of these two elements would be much more helpful than an image, in determining the cause, if you were willing to upload it..

Cheers,
Link.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thanks Link.

I have double checked several times that the beams are excluded from the operation. Of note is that there are two (slightly vertically offset) meshes, each used as targets. Offsets are to artifically create roads in the topo model mesh. Also, we tried to setup view sets, but I guess one cannot save view sets in MOD files.

UPDATE: I added the beams as operators which fixes the issue. But in theory I shouldn't have had to add that extra step.

Thanks,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - this looks like an issue with overlapping as much it does an issue with SEO. As you've noticed performing an SEO will definitely clean it up.

If you do a lot of this kinda stuff, you should consider ArchiTerra. Will make life much easier!

Cheers,
Link.