Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Scaling disproportion / exploding PDF drawings to lines

Hi, i got some pdf drawing and when I exploded to lines the drawings is disproportio.
Do you have some idea how to fix it ?

I'm looking for to scaling in just one direction or to how to correctly explode PDF drawing to "dwg" lines

My goal is to get 100 000 for both measurements
AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
That was exactly what I looked for.

I saved like DWG and then upload it like place external drawing.
After small extension on X size a exploded to lines with right measures.

Such a smart idea Thanks 😉
AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DGSketcher
Legend
I think you are looking too closely at your drawing. The X scale error is 11mm. As a percentage that is 0.00011%. As a displayed error at 1:500 scale the points are 0.022mm from where you want them. I bet there are far greater errors in the drawing. If you want the reference points to report absolute values just edit the drawing and move them the 11mm. I doubt the change would ever be noticed.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher wrote:
I think you are looking too closely at your drawing. The X scale error is 11mm. As a percentage that is 0.00011%. As a displayed error at 1:500 scale the points are 0.022mm from where you want them. I bet there are far greater errors in the drawing. If you want the reference points to report absolute values just edit the drawing and move them the 11mm. I doubt the change would ever be noticed.
I know that I'm looking to close, but then all other lines doesn't fit to other following drawings lines.
I need it for making model and using magic wand or unify lines.

I don't get it what you mean ?
"If you want the reference points to report absolute values just edit the drawing and move them the 11mm. I doubt the change would ever be noticed."
Can you better describe what do you mean ?

This is drawings are from PDF I didn't make it. I just got it from municipality and I'm curios why this mistake happened.
AC 7 - 27 SWE

DGSketcher
Legend
The source of your dimension error was most likely the original PDF creation, although it could have been in the CAD file to account for curvature of the earth. Exploding a PDF back to vectors produces these kinds of errors, it is an unfortunate consequence of the file consolidation. A PDF doesn't work to the accuracy available in most CAD software. Under close inspection you may find these errors average out e.g. some lines are long, some short. All I was saying is that the scale of the error is so small that if you need to dimension the grid I would adjust the grid points without changing the rest of the drawing.

You could also factor in the original tolerance used by the surveyors (+/-50mm?), mapping tolerance is a lot different to the tolerance we expect in our buildings. Personally I would just accept the drawing as it is and work with it.

I hope that helps.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Podolsky
Ace
But if you really want to stretch your drawing in one direction only - you need to save your linework as DWG, then open it as a library part. Then you will be able to stretch you library part in X and Y direction in any proportion as you like.
After, if you like, you can explode your library part and get linework again.
Solution
That was exactly what I looked for.

I saved like DWG and then upload it like place external drawing.
After small extension on X size a exploded to lines with right measures.

Such a smart idea Thanks 😉
AC 7 - 27 SWE

At first of all I thought thats brilliant idea but it doesn't work.
I can't break proportional scaling 😕
AC 7 - 27 SWE

Barry Kelly
Vojtech wrote:
At first of all I thought thats brilliant idea but it doesn't work.
I can't break proportional scaling :-/
I see you deleted you other post.
This was my reply to that deleted post.

That is not exactly what Podolsky said to do.
He said save as DWG and open it as an object.
This will allow you to stretch it in one direction only.

You have placed it as a drawing which has the x & y scale locked, so as you increase one the other increases as well.
You have magnified the entire drawing in both scales by 100.01%
I would check your vertical (y) dimensions carefully.
It may be too small to notice but there should be an error there now.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Sorry for deleting last post, because i realise issue with Y direction few seconds after I answered.

I tried to place drawings like object but I wasn't successful. I cannot find

But whole problem I fixed by using Rhino where I can just scale by UV - "Scale UV"

Anyway thanks for help
AC 7 - 27 SWE

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have restored that deleted post for reference and thread consistency.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27