BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Setting Permissions on AC and PM files (Mac OS X)

aaron s
Contributor
We run a network without a dedicated server and keep all AC files on one machine. Have set it up using tinkertool so that when a file is saved from another machine the whole group (staff) has r/w permissions.
This works for all other applications but not for AC or PM, which will still make the original owner the owner of the file and gives no access to any others in the group.
Has anybody else got this type of scenario to work (on 10.3.6)?
Thanks
Aaron
1 REPLY 1
__archiben
Booster
aaron wrote:
We run a network without a dedicated server and keep all AC files on one machine. Have set it up using tinkertool so that when a file is saved from another machine the whole group (staff) has r/w permissions.
This works for all other applications but not for AC or PM, which will still make the original owner the owner of the file and gives no access to any others in the group.
i haven't used tinkertool for a while now, but an app i do use for accessing full file server services on a non-server OS is sharepoints. it basically unlocks network file services on a standard OSX system.

use it to define sharepoints which will act as server-space for the rest of your network. ensure that you set it up so that permissions are 'inherited from parent'. this means that when a file is saved/modified/whatever in that sharepoint the permissions it's given are those of the parent folder and not of the person doing the saving.

HTH
~/archiben

by the way - i'm heading to NZ april time . . . is the work climate good at the moment?
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!