BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Shift key doesn't constrain cursor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem with ArchiCad 10 on a desktop Mac, running Mojave 10.14.6. No one seems to be able to solve this problem.

ArchiCAD was working fine until last week. No new programs or other changes have been made to the desktop machine. Problems are with any .pln of any project. My laptop Mac, running the same 10.14.6, and ArchiCad 10, has no problem with any of the files.

The problem is the Shift key fails to restrain the cursor when drawing a line, wall or whatever. As a consequence, I can't start drawing a line, hold the Shift key to restrain the direction of the line, and then use the cursor to reference a distant point. The Shift key has no effect.

In addition, it is not possible to move the project origin using the key pad (Shift, Option).

I have tried resetting the "Work Environment" by importing the Work Environment from my laptop. No effect, I have also tried downloading an entirely new ArchiCad 10. But that shows the "Work Environment" of the previous systems, including that imported from my laptop. Is information stored somewhere outside of ArchiCad?

I am 77 and retired, working on small modifications to previous projects. Hence I cannot spend $$$$$$$ on the current ArchiCad systems. But I DO need to get into (and manipulate) old projects.

Can anyone help with this?
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
So, just as a check, if you go into your Work Environment and look at the keyboard shortcut for Drag a Copy, does it show it using the SHIFT key?

I am sure that it will.

There may not be an uninstaller program for Archicad, but there may be something in your operating system.
In Windows we have a add/remove programs option that we can use.
Sorry, I have no idea with Macs, but is there something similar?

Just deleting the program will work but you should also delete all of the Graphisoft - Archicad 10 folders in the user preferences as well.
You may need to do this even if you uninstall the program as the can be left behind.

I am not sure though that re-installing will solve the problem.

You mentioned in your first post it was working before.
Again I know nothing about Macs, but is it possible to roll back your operating system to when it was working properly?

I recall some other posts here with the same problem.
It is just a matter of being able to find them.
I will see if I can.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
I did find this post which talks about shortcuts not working when a different language is selected for the keyboard.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=52106&sid=f1bde191008dd85a6a3f9cf3da18e991

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!