Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Skylites Not Cutting it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I use the Skylite tool, whether in v8 or v8.1, with different roof thicknesses and/or angles, I see the bottom of the frame of the skylite underneath the roof, but it doesn't cut thru the roof, as advertised..

Naftali
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
skylight is not dependent to roof angle or thickness. even after you place a skylight and change the thickness of the roof ,the skylight will cut it automatically. may be you have two roofs in one level?
Djordje
Ace
Naftali wrote:
Whenever I use the Skylite tool, whether in v8 or v8.1, with different roof thicknesses and/or angles, I see the bottom of the frame of the skylite underneath the roof, but it doesn't cut thru the roof, as advertised..
Have to check it, but there is a minimal slope below which the skylites do not cut. What is your roof slope?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Naftali wrote:
Have to check it, but there is a minimal slope below which the skylites do not cut. What is your roof slope?
One is 20% and the other is 32%

Naftali
Anonymous
Not applicable
Naftali wrote:
You actually measure your roofs by percent of slope?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Naftali wrote:
You actually measure your roofs by percent of slope?
Ooops

Make that 20 and 32 degrees

(one of those days)

Naftali