Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Some Fonts will not save in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Technical Western Font in the Label & Text tools will not save into PDFs from my AC12. The Dimension Text, in the same font, do save. I tried saving and publishing. Neither worked. It does work in my AC 15 projects.

I am running Windows 7. My labels and texts are not opaque. It does work from an XP.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try an experiment with different standard and non-standard fonts, if only to establish if the problem is with the font or the labels / text.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Font problems can be weird and erratic. That's one reason I recommend to my clients to use very standard fonts (like Arial) if they can settle on something acceptable. The best alternative is to purchase Adobe fonts for specialized needs or tastes. They always seem to work. There are other major foundries that are probably fine too but I haven't used any of them in a long time.

Where did you get your Technical Western font?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does work with other fonts like Arial. I found that Technical is a Corel font back from Word Perfect.

So I am going to try an Adobe Font: Graphite. I prefer a font that is not so rectilinear as Arial so it differentiates from the strict linework.

I am still concerned for all my older files that, for one reason or another, I may not wish to upgrade to 15. Changing the fonts on existing sets creates all kinds of issues.

Adobe tells me to purchase Adobe Acrobat X Pro for $450. then I can translate anything into a PDF. Not sure I believe it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kevan wrote:
Adobe tells me to purchase Adobe Acrobat X Pro for $450. then I can translate anything into a PDF. Not sure I believe it.
It will convert lots of things but can't extract a view from a PLN (or RVT for that matter) and I wouldn't count on it being able to fix font problems.

On the other hand I consider Acrobat Pro to be an essential tool, at least for my work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still haven't solved font problem. Unless I am missing it, I don't see any way to globally change fonts. The only way I know of is to:

1. Go to every view, layout & master layout,
2. Select each tool individually, then select "all"
3. Then change the font
4. Then scan the view to find and fix conflicts because fonts are bigger or smaller.

I have 12+ years of projects with that font, much of my business involves return clients.

This is huge task. Isn't there another way?
Barry Kelly
Hi Kevan,
Check out this post to see if it offers any solution.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28622&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight...

It might not be quite the problem you describe but maybe it will help.

I have had trouble with the Technical font as well in the past and if memory serves me well Matthew? was able to help me out with a program called "Trans Type Pro" that was able to convert the font and update it to avoid the problem.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=128518&highlight=font#128518

I will try to PM you with the amended font to see if that helps.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11