BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Some labels not ghosting properly during move

I've got a weird thing going on in AC20 with labels. Some text labels, when I move them, properly highlight the text area which moves. Other labels, only the first leg of the arrow moves, without the ghosting of the text. In the attached images, both selected labels are part of the same interior elevation group and I am moving both by the "elbow" of the arrow. Is this a bug, or am I missing a label setting somewhere?

Label.png
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
5 REPLIES 5
Image without the ghosting.
Richard
gpowless
Advocate
It depends on where you make the selection on the label. Your 1st image shows you have selected the label text area and the 2nd shows you have selected the leader. Labels behave differently depending on where you make the selection.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
gpowless wrote:
It depends on where you make the selection on the label. Your 1st image shows you have selected the label text area and the 2nd shows you have selected the leader. Labels behave differently depending on where you make the selection.
It would be great if it were this simple. However, in the second case, it doesn't matter what I select initially. I get the initial highlight, but no moving ghost regardless of what was initially selected, or which node I try to move or stretch.

EDIT: Newly placed labels in the same interior elevation work properly, so I'm inclined to think that this was something that showed up when the file got converted from AC19 to AC20. It seems to be something only in the interior elevations. Plan views are okay. I'll report it.
Richard
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hello Richard,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Our development has had a chance to review. This is a bug that will be fixed in a future update. Reference # 126210. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Thanks for the confirmation, Nick. But do you have any idea of what the source of this problem is? It would be great to avoid, if possible, in the meantime.
Richard
Learn and get certified!