Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Spell checker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! how I can make my spell checker back to work? for some reason in teamwork doesn't work.
Thank you for any suggestions
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you provide a bit more info? Possibly a screenshot of where is this happening?
Where does spell checking does not work in TW, which works in a Solo project?

It is indeed a curious issue because whether you are in Teamwork or Solo project should have nothing to do with this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you very much for the question!

On Windows, Spell Checker uses Microsoft Word’s Spelling Check, which means that you must have Microsoft Word installed on your computer together with the dictionary of the language you are using. On macOS, Spell Checker uses macOS system preferences.

You can find more information about the Spell Checker here.

As Laszlo mentioned, the Spell Checker functionality does not depend on whether the project is a solo or a teamwork project. But let me know if the article above helps to solve your issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the delay, but his what happens. There are 3 screenshots. Thanks for your help.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you click the Preference button, what are the settings? Can you show a screenshot?

Also, it talks about "editable elements". Maybe you have to reserve the elements you want to perform Spell Check on since if it finds spelling errors it will have to be able to modify the element, and for that, the element must be reserved by you.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
manos
Participant

Hi! I have a problem in Archicad 22. Spell checker not working. Corrects only the first word that finds and then diplays the message like "Screenshot 2021-03-31". On the same pc with the same MS office 365 i open archicad 19 and spell checker works fine! What do you think is the problem? Does anybody solve that situation? Thanks.