BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Stairmaker crashing when closing

Rick Thompson
Expert
I'm just wondering if this is just me, or is anyone else out there unable to use Stairmaker. Using AC20 and Mac Serra. If I open an existing stair and make any changes, or really just open and close, AC crashes and opens bug reporter. This is seriously screwing up my work flow. I can create a new stair and save it, but if I need to go back in.. forget it. I'm not sure when this started, maybe after the last AC20 update, but not sure.

thanks for any response
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Rick,

I am not aware of such an issue, but if you send me the Bug ID (the one you get when you send in the bug report from the Bug Reporter window), I can take a look at it in our system. If you could send me a stair that causes this, that could help as well.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Rick Thompson
Expert
Bug report 2018-04-24-22-59-32-1794 Any stair I have will do (I will upload one). I tried saving within the pln (normally I save to an external library folder) but when I reopened it to edit AC crashed. Basically, any existing stair I have can not be edited. Any new stair has one shot to get it right (other than what you can do in the Stair dialogue .. (as apposed to Stairmaker).
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thanks! I Checked the Bug report and the object, and it turns out this issue is very rare, and not general (it only happens on a few computers). I have tried it on several computers here, but it worked fine for me on all of them (so there's something wrong with your installed version of ARCHICAD or the computer, not the Stairs).

I think what you could try is completely uninstalling ARCHICAD, and reinstalling it, to see if that resolves the issue. If that doesn't help, maybe a reinstall of the OS would provide a clean slate that would solve the problem.

I hope a reinstall will be enough.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Rick Thompson
Expert
Ok.. thank you for checking. I will try what you suggest. I must have something going on. The other day I made a custom profile. All seemed normal until I closed the window. Nothing was left except the sections and elevations which had been exploded and unlinked. No other data at all... no floor plan, etc. The profile I had made was on the floor plans window. Fortunately I was able to able to go back with Time Machine and only lost a hour of work. Disturbing to say the least.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Learn and get certified!