Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Strange model drawing artifacts

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a issue I'm having with AC16 - in some files, while zooming, i have 2d artifacts in the edges of window. I've had it also with previous versions. Where's the catch?

But another more annoing issue is with a model, where the textures aren't displayed properly. Even more - when exporting the model to sketchup, the polygons are quite messed up.

The link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/155duvm5s59r97q/130109_PP_VK21_copy.pln

images included:
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
tiphia:

Based on the single posted image (prob_3d_123.jpg), this looks like the results of using OpenGL. Maybe a better video card would help, but you would get better texture results from Rendering.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David!
If you could download the model and check it yourself - there is something else than OpenGL messing up. If I export the model geometry to a new file, then everything is ok.
If I export the model to sketchup from old file, the file is unusable - check the image (this is taken from another file, where I had the similar problem).
If i export the model to sketchup from that new file, everything is fine.

So I thought, that I would use the new file, but copying the info from old to a new file takes quite a lot of time. Still - I did it. After finishing with all the importing (schedules, worksheets, details, sections, elevations, layoutbook) the trouble was back - the file was again messed.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
tiphia:

I don't use SketchUp, so cannot comment about its issues. But since exporting to SkecthUp should just be the 3D Model (no schedules, details, etc), a quicker solution is to Merge the old file into a new file, which will transfer the 3D Model, then use this file for the export to SketchUp. Keep using the old file in ArchiCAD, then Merge again when needing to export again.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you again;
still - the main problem is not the trouble with export, but the way archicad acts in 3D (the textures) + 2d artifacts. If you check the pic attached - I marked the things, that shouldn't be there.

If you can open the file, see for yourself. May be my PC has gone mad.

There was also a problem with the file in archicad, that it didn't display window markers (checked model view options + window prefs.) copy to a new file worked well.

the merging - can one also merge sections, details, layoutbook etc. ?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
tiphia:

I cannot make sense of the image "messed up.JPG". I suggest you search the ArchiCADWiki and this forum for similar problems, on the Wiki one such post is:
Model is Cut in 3D View

Merging basically transfers just the 3D Model.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry - I didn't post the image lastly promised, describing the 2d artifacts.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Make sure you've installed the latest drivers for your video card. There is a compatability list up on the archicadwiki.

It looks to me like artifacts created by your video card. Possibly due to heat issues.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can open the file, see for yourself. May be my PC has gone mad.

There was also a problem with the file in archicad, that it didn't display window markers (checked model view options + window prefs.) copy to a new file worked well.

the merging - can one also merge sections, details, layoutbook etc. ? ????