Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Student License or Edu License

sakibnasirkhan
Contributor

Hello, 

Is Archicad's Student License completely free for students? I've applied for an educational license for Archicad 25 as a student with proof, and I got this written on my webpage "Your application for a 1-year license is being processed. 
If you don't hear anything from us for 2 weeks, please contact your local Graphisoft partner." 

1 month has passed and then I contact my local Graphisoft partner. They said that only the 30 days trial version is free. If I want to extend my license to 1 year as a student, I need to pay a certain amount of money (I don't remember the amount exactly)

Is this true? Do I really have to pay the amount my local Graphisoft partner is claiming? Or should I receive a 1-year Student license for free? 

Please let me know. Thank you.

Sakib Nasir Khan.jpg
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ryejuan
Advisor

hopefully someone in Graphisoft will see this post and help you sort out your things with your local partner there. 

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

View solution in original post

Solution

Hello Again,

We got in touch with our partner and now your 1 year license should be approved. Thank you again for reaching out to us through the Community and feel free to do so in the future.

Have a great day,

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Eduardo Rolon

Student licenses are free. The last "paid" EDU license was for AC 8 around 2002 and I have not heard of any "partner" charging for them.

Check in myarchicad.com to see the status. Sometimes they approve the license and the email gets lost in the junk folder. If there is no serial number there then see if there is an email for education and write to them. 

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

ryejuan
Advisor

EDU versions are free one as long as you provide the necessary requirements. You can't also open files created in EDU versions to commercial versions...

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

@ryejuan wrote:

You can't also open files created in EDU versions to commercial versions...

You can open an EDU file with a commercial licence, but the commercial license will temporarily convert to an EDU licence, so the file will always remain an EDU file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

The licence the GS partner is offering would be the discounted Commercial Subscription licence? Students and educators get something like a half price discount which I guess is for if they want to pick up external work. 

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

IIRC recent graduates can get a discount of 25% on buying a commercial license but I don't think this applies to this case.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I know EDU versions are free one they just need to register and provide the student info. If the reseller or distributor is making money out of it then that's  a red flag and Graphisoft should be notified. IMO.

ArchiCAD 9 onwards
sakibnasirkhan
Contributor

My objective was to receive my Student license which I applied for 2 months ago.Screenshot_8.png

sakibnasirkhan
Contributor

I am still confused, what should I do now? Since my Local distributor or reseller is not helping, instead asking for money, I have to find another way to receive the student license I applied for, providing the necessary documents.

Screenshot_8.png
Solution
ryejuan
Advisor

hopefully someone in Graphisoft will see this post and help you sort out your things with your local partner there. 

ArchiCAD 9 onwards