Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Student License or Edu License

sakibnasirkhan
Contributor

Hello, 

Is Archicad's Student License completely free for students? I've applied for an educational license for Archicad 25 as a student with proof, and I got this written on my webpage "Your application for a 1-year license is being processed. 
If you don't hear anything from us for 2 weeks, please contact your local Graphisoft partner." 

1 month has passed and then I contact my local Graphisoft partner. They said that only the 30 days trial version is free. If I want to extend my license to 1 year as a student, I need to pay a certain amount of money (I don't remember the amount exactly)

Is this true? Do I really have to pay the amount my local Graphisoft partner is claiming? Or should I receive a 1-year Student license for free? 

Please let me know. Thank you.

Sakib Nasir Khan.jpg
21 REPLIES 21

Hi There, thanks for raising the question. Let us follow up on this and find you a quick solution. We will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

Solution

Hello Again,

We got in touch with our partner and now your 1 year license should be approved. Thank you again for reaching out to us through the Community and feel free to do so in the future.

Have a great day,

Szabolcs Mikó

That's great! How come they can charge EDU licenses? What will happen to those users that didn't bring up this issue here in the forum? 🤔

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

@ryejuan wrote:

That's great! How come they can charge EDU licenses? What will happen to those users that didn't bring up this issue here in the forum? 🤔

I don't know if they are charging for an EDU license.

In some locations it is possible for students to get a discounted commercial license which is what was mentioned in earlier posts.

Maybe this is what was being offered to the original poster.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

But what about this case where they are asking @sakibnasirkhan money for the EDU license. How will Graphisoft handle this issue?

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Good question. We have a global policy to give free educational licenses for students globally who can prove their eligibility. This rare case requires a follow-up from our side, to understand if this is a misunderstanding or something more.

Szabolcs Mikó

Thank you for your response. The issue has been solved now.

sakibnasirkhan
Contributor

Hello, As I showed evidence to my local reseller/ distributor company that educational licenses are free, one of their staff who was dealing with my problem said that she didn't know educational licenses are free. Now they agreed on contacting the appropriate authority for my Educational license code and I was finally able to receive the code.
Now the case has been solved.
Thank you all, for your cooperation.

Thank you so much! 
The case has been solved

Hi,I have the same problem.

It's been 2 weeks since I applied for an education account. I got this written on my webpage "Your application for a 1-year license is being processed.
If you don't hear anything from us for 2 weeks, please contact your local Graphisoft partner."

I emailed "mail@graphisoft.cn", but it shows
“The domain name does not exist and the mail cannot be delivered.”

What should I do now? Can you help me?Please~