BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Templates Etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a new user I am continually discovering new things about Archicad. I'm working on three projects at this time. As I figure out a good way to work (layers, pensets, etc), how can I keep the changes I want to keep current in all my projects? I see that I could keep my template file open while I'm working and make the file changes in the template as well. That leaves the problem of also putting the changes into the other files I'm working on. Anyone have a good workflow to accomplish this.
Kris
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Rather than actually recreating these attributes in each file, you are better off transferring them with the Attribute Manager.
This way they will keep the same Index Number (if you overwrite by index number).
Keeping the same Index Number is very important if you will be copying and pasting between files.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I'm feeling kind of dumb here. The Archicad 22 help says to look in - Options > Element Attributes > Attribute Manager. I don't have an Element Attributes in Options. I have looked through all the menus and can't find the Attribute Manager. Help please.
Kris
Barry Kelly
The Attribute Manager has changed a bit in version 22, so it is actually a 'new' command.

If you are using a Work Environment from an older version, then this command will not be found in your menus.
You can add it in by editing the Work Environment menus - you should also check out all the other new commands and tools and settings and add/change those as well - because they won't be there either.

Or you can load the Standard Work Environment for 22 and add in any customisation you may have made (like keyboard shortcuts) in the older versions.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, found it. Another puzzle solved. Thanks.
Learn and get certified!