BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text bug or settings problem ? Font size change on paste

Cosmin Ghioanca
Contributor
Hello guys. Got an annoying problem here. I copy text from one box and I paste it into a different one. No big deal, but this one changes font size after it was pasted into the second box. The second size is arbitrary, usually at a higher size. For example the original font size is 1,500 mm and after it was pasted goes to 1,5796 mm.

PS I've noticed that it is influenced by the zoom. Do you know where can I look into making some changes. I need the program to preserve the original settings.

Thank you all and have a nice one.
Archicad 6-6.5-9-10-11-13-15-16-18-20-21-22-23

64-bit OS Windows 10 Pro

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz CPU

AMD Radeon HD 5670 GPU

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 512(500)GB SATA

WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 1TB(931)GB SATA

WD MyPassport 259F 1TB(931)GB USB3
25 REPLIES 25
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Can confirm I've had similar problems on just regular old HD screens, running windows without any scaling.

As a workaround, opening Notepad, pasting into that, copying and going back to archicad keeps things tidy. (this gets rid of any formatting)
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Miha_M
Advisor
I can report the same behaviour of Archicad 23. I use screen resolution 2560×1440, if that matters.
The text size, if pasted, depends on the changed zoom level.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

NicVar15
Participant
I've been waiting with bated breath for the release of ArchiCAD 23 for resolution of this problem. Disappointingly, the problem persists. It's a big issue for us - my office has completely skipped using version 22 because of this issue as it is highly impractical when annotating documentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit: Solution debunked, had 3rd party software that was assisting without my knowledge.
szepiz
Newcomer
AC24 also has it. Did someone found a better solution then puretext? Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just found this issue in Archicad 24 too. Is there a solution yet?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just continuing to struggle with the PASTE issue....

Maybe it can be solved by including something similar to WORD or PAGES...

- Paste and Match Formatting

Where archicad actually forces the existing formatting onto the pasted text...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Podolsky
Ace
I tried this on Mac - and cannot get the same result. On Mac everything fine. Maybe its specific Windows problem?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your reports regarding this issue!

In the past, we registered this issue in our database, but due to the complexity of it, we could only manage to fix the issue in Archicad 24 Update 3 and Archicad 23 Update 4. It worked well on macOS, however, on Windows, we discovered another hidden bug very similar to this, but the result is still far better comparing to the previous state (instead of a big jump between zoom range, now the size only changes very little).

Of course, it is still not perfect yet, so we registered a new defect (please refer to it as DEF-3928). Fixing it will require a very big amount of resources from the development, so unfortunately I can't promise when it will be finally solved.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
mnguyen wrote:
, but the result is still far better comparing to the previous state (instead of a big jump between zoom range, now the size only changes very little).
I think this is actually a worse situation. At least with a big change it is obvious and I can fix it. With this small variation I am not noticing and I have slight variations throughout the documentation.

Russ
Learn and get certified!