Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text bug or settings problem ? Font size change on paste

Cosmin Ghioanca
Contributor
Hello guys. Got an annoying problem here. I copy text from one box and I paste it into a different one. No big deal, but this one changes font size after it was pasted into the second box. The second size is arbitrary, usually at a higher size. For example the original font size is 1,500 mm and after it was pasted goes to 1,5796 mm.

PS I've noticed that it is influenced by the zoom. Do you know where can I look into making some changes. I need the program to preserve the original settings.

Thank you all and have a nice one.
Archicad 6-6.5-9-10-11-13-15-16-18-20-21-22-23

64-bit OS Windows 10 Pro

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz CPU

AMD Radeon HD 5670 GPU

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 512(500)GB SATA

WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 1TB(931)GB SATA

WD MyPassport 259F 1TB(931)GB USB3
25 REPLIES 25
Podolsky
Ace
Get the Mac. Actually ArchiCAD always working better on Mac.
Emi Popa
Participant

DEF-3928 - This problem persists! I have no hope that this will be resolved! Archicad24 - 2022! really!?

isaacjpu
Booster

bump

Still a constantly-occurring problem. Anything this consistent in a program would be labelled a "feature."

@isaacjpu wrote:

Still a constantly-occurring problem. Anything this consistent in a program would be labelled a "feature."

What Archicad version and build are you using?

I just tried in 25 build 6000 and 26 build 4019.

I copied some text, zoomed in out, panned and then pasted into another text block, and it was exactly the same size.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
isaacjpu
Booster

Hi Barry, sorry to bump two posts. (again)

26.3001 US, Windows 10

Below is my copy / pasted reply -- at the same font size! 😜 -- to another thread on this topic:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Pasted-text-changes-size/m-p/373095#M56...

Just tested again, as now i'm not sure i'm actually experiencing the same bug. Zoom/pan isn't necessary to cause it on my end. I pasted text in the same text box, after hitting enter, and it's 0.19 Pt larger. After pasting, i hit enter and continued to type: new text is also 0.19 Pt larger. That text, copy/pasted, (line 4) remained at 6.19 Pt.

(Could be related to leading / line spacing? Not for me to figure out until Graphisoft starts paying me~)

isaacjpu_0-1678814204555.png

Tried again; this time at a different original size. (7.00 Pt) This time the text was pasted 0.08 Pt smaller. After hitting enter, new text on the next line was back to 7.00 Pt. The third line of text copy / pasted was 0.08 Pt smaller again.

isaacjpu_1-1678814204881.png

GSKROL
Participant

Hi,

I also want to bump this and say we are still experiencing this issue as well.

Currently using Archicad 26 5002 SWE FULL, Windows 10 Pro.

Copying a text without zooming changed the font size slightly on a layout. It does not happen every time we copy, it almost seems random...

Not sure if it matters but we are using millimeter "SWE standard" for dimensions and coordinates and therefore also for setting size for fonts.

Cheers!

Learn and get certified!