BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Text disappearing when dragged...

Anonymous
Not applicable
In some, but not all, of my AC18 projects, my 2D text blocks are disappearing while being dragged. While dragging by the center node, the block disappears unless the center node happens to eventually rest over a line or hotspot, in which case the text block remains visible.

I first thought this might have something to do with the renovation status, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior?
3 REPLIES 3
That is a good thing. It lets you see through the text box so you can see where you want to place it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't explain this well enough.

When dragging the text boxes, they will disappear completely. No handles, no invisible box, no nothing. When you stop dragging, there is nothing there. The text box has gone to meet its maker in text box heaven.

I've noticed some other peculiarities. When constrained with the shift key to purely vertical or horizontal movements, the text is visible and will survive. When dragged to a random position...poof!

And as mentioned in the previous post, this doesn't happen in every project, or even in all views within the same project. My current work-around: plop a hotspot at the desired text block location, the the dragged text block will re-appear when the hotspot is touched.

From an existential point of view, one has to wonder where those disappearing text blocks have gone...
Barry Kelly
I don't know anything about macs but have you made sure you have the latest video card drivers installed?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!