BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Textures will not display

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spent HOURS troubleshooting this...
I had to reinstall AC9 on a new machine, and carefully moved everything over. NO problems at all, EXCEPT when I copied a file to create a variation, none of the textures will display. My old files display fine. Anything I create now, even from a brand new emtpy file is textureless. I have no library violations, attribute manager shows the textures for each material correctly.. etc. The other weird thing is when I display in 3D, I get a wireframe first, for a few seconds on the 'new files', and then the 3D displays. Same when I rotate around the building, switches to wireframe to move, then renders 3D when I stop. This doesn't happen on the old files or on the old computer either. It must be a setting somewhere... but damned if I can find it! Excuse my french.

Signed Desparate and D.I.T.W.
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
change your 3D engine from 'internal engine' to 'openGL' . . .

(openGL engine only displays textures, internal engine does vectorial hatching - and remember: the 3D engine is saved with a view, so if you jump to a vectorial hatched elevation using the view editor your engine will change globally until you manually switch it back or jump to another view which has been saved using the openGL engine . . .)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
and the OpenGL engine must be set to display textures:
opengl textures.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both so much. I am so grateful to this forum! Tane