BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

The Ryzen Threadripper 3995 64 core 256gb Experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My mouth is watering at the idea of investing in a high-end machine with more power than I could have dreamed. Has anyone been able to use a machine like this and have was it really that much of a difference? I am running 32gb on an i73930 with a 1060. I mainly see or found any benchmark tests for Blender, which is sort of equivalent but doesn't test rendering in 2d. Any thoughts?

Here is a pretty decent benchmark to review.

7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
I have a colleague who uses Maxwell on a 2018 32 core Threadripper with 64gb of RAM. He seems to have a good impression of it especially given it's value verse running Xeons.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at Cinebench scores in any benchmark as this used the same rendering engine used by Archicad
vdentello
Advocate
sboydturner wrote:
Look at Cinebench scores in any benchmark as this used the same rendering engine used by Archicad
Cinebench would provide the expected results for Cinerender. 2D views (elevations for example) are also computed through CPU. I'm curious to find that out too. Large projects are quite demanding on my current i7.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would it be better to have more cores or higher frequency? The threadripper comes in a 64core at a lower frequency or 32 cores at like 5.3Mhz.

Is cinebench benchmarks just for rendering using the built in rendering engine like cinerender. Would that be the same as the open gl render engine in the workspace viewport? I pretty much only render in Enscape.
Nader Belal
Mentor
wait for comparisons between threadripper and ryzen 5000 series
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moonlight wrote:
What is the best benchmark for 3d modeling and 2d drafting in Archicad?
Nader Belal
Mentor
Tandem.Design wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
What is the best benchmark for 3d modeling and 2d drafting in Archicad?
ArchiCAD specific, I don't know
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!