Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Tiger 10.4 Problem Default Open Path in ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering if any one else is having a problem with the default open/save Path in Archicad-9 on tiger OSX 10.4 as shown in this Pic. The Tiger pic also has 2 System drive icons one is sort of greyed out but not selectable It only occurs in Archicad & Plotmaker although its a different location.
Martin

Tiger 10.4.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
Can this possibly be a "permissions" problem?

Does naughty ArchiCAD have permission from the owner to write to that location?

Perhaps the system is just telling ArchiCAD to stand in the corner.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dwight
Disk utility verifies all permissions are correct but i ran a repair anyway.(is this what you meant? thats all i know about permissions)
if i open the correct drive/users/ Then go back to martins computer/ the second drive icon has disappeared. & i can browse to the correct directory with no permission errors,
archicad wants to save everything to this network directory also & auto save appears to not be happening.
Dwight
Newcomer
I am purely speculating, but check the "Get Info" box for the parts of the Directory Path to the folder you are headed for.

I'll bet that you can't write to one or more of the directories....

But the bet would be like, a quarter, say, since I'm not that sure.

Here's the dialog you want to be looking at.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read write permission on all the directories up to user
can't change user permissions
Premissions.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
It is time for me to pretend to be off to the pool right now, since I have nothing to add.

Sorry.

Where am I mailing the quarter?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight
Whats a quarter worth here about 5 cents less the Exchange rate i think.

I sincerely hope there is someone out there who reads this forum is running Archicad & a G5 or just a mac with tiger 10.4.1
who will open archicad then go to file open & see if there application is defaulting to the same location as per the Tiger Pic it would be appreciated as APPLE are adamant it is an compatability Problem with Archicad as all hardware tests etc & OSX Software checks out & it is only happening with Archicad.
__archiben
Booster
Martin wrote:
I sincerely hope there is someone out there who reads this forum is running Archicad & a G5 or just a mac with tiger 10.4.1 who will open archicad then go to file open & see if there application is defaulting to the same location as per the Tiger Pic it would be appreciated as APPLE are adamant it is an compatability Problem with Archicad as all hardware tests etc & OSX Software checks out & it is only happening with Archicad.
i've been following this thread, but i must admit i'm not really understanding what your problem is? it might just be me, but i don't see your two greyed out system icons. nor do i see any problem with the tiger screenshot??? you seemed to have a lot of disks mounted in the tiger system, but that's about all.

i'm using AC9 and tiger (no G5 though) and haven't really had a problem with default open/save dialogues in any application, archiCAD included - they go to the folder i was in last. can you tell me exactly what it is you expect and what exactly is wrong with your tiger screenshot above? sorry for appearing completely dumb on this one . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ben
Thanks
See if this make any sense
There is no fault in the panther shot but in the tiger shot at the top there are 2 icons for ABS panther-tiger upgrade Drive & the path archicad is opening from & saving to is the network. This may somehow be linked to the 2nd icon(or it may be a separate issue) When saving a file what occurs is this. When i open the file directly from archicads open dialog it is NOT the updated or Current file that opens. (as if it has Not Been Saved)
However if i start archicads open a file by going back to the first drive icon it & following the correct path it locates the correct updated file.
hope this does not confuse the issue.
So it may just be that Archicad is not opening the last folder i was in?
kevin b
Contributor
I have to admit I was also having a hard time following what the problem is exactly but,
I am running Tiger on a dual processor G5 with AC9 and have no problems like what I think you are reporting. It always seems to open/save to the last folder I was in, whcih is generally somewhere across our network, but a quick test showed it is working locally as well. Sorry for the no help answer.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram