Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Trojan-Downloader in Mesh to Roof Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Zoon Alarm Extreme Security. It found a very dangerous Trojan in the Mesh to Roof Tool Downloaded form the Graphisoft web site.

Full name : Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Boltolog.hkm
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mesh to Roof Tool for AC14??. My NOD32 says its OK.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is most probably a false alarm on the part of the anti virus software.
I got info from GS that they are checking it nevertheless.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Baloo wrote:
I use Zoon Alarm Extreme Security. It found a very dangerous Trojan in the Mesh to Roof Tool Downloaded form the Graphisoft web site. Full name : Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Boltolog.hkm
Anti-virus software attempts to discover malware through pattern matching (there are other methods, but this is the base solution). The problem is, the pattern can sometimes be found in legitimate software. The worst cases have seen the entire OS crippled because a key component matched a virus and was quarantined.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Barry Kelly
I once had Archicad disabled across our entire network because our virus software suddenly thought a DLL file was dangerous and deleted it from all of our machines.
That was exciting with 90 odd people screaming that Archicad didn't work anymore.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It's part of our standard QC process to check files for viruses. As others suggested, some virus checkers will alert for patterns that others don't regard a virus. Another typical example is when the "GSRoot.dll" is hijacked by some virus protection software when installing ArchiCAD.

To be on the safe side, always double-check with another tool.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks For all the input. I've never had any issues with Zone Alarm and other software before. That's why it was a bit alarming (Pardine the pun).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you tell me where the download is for the mesh to roof tool for archicad 14 please, I can't find it anywhere.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
rani789:

Look at the Help menu > ArchiCAD 14 Downloads, your browser will be taken to the correct page.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14